Firearms Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happens to all of the confidential private information and fingerprints you submit to state, local and federal law enforcement AFTER you have been approved for a conceal carry license?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do not know but i know my fingerprints and background info are on record. As i am an Aussie going thru all the crap of getting my Work Authority and permanent Residence :rolleyes:. I've seen my file that DHS has and it's about 2 or 3 inches thick :D

Rogue Aussie

·
Registered
82 Posts
What happens to all of the confidential private information and fingerprints you submit to state, local and federal law enforcement AFTER you have been approved for a conceal carry license?
Wait you mean you didn't have submit a semen sample too?????

I am guessing that it goes into a national database for when you decide to go on a shooting spree. Course it can also go into someones apartment and then get stolen like a bunch of military records.... that was interesting. Thank you feds appreciatted that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What I get tired of is submitting 2 sets of fingerprints every time...In my case, I'm up for renewal on my CCW permit....I guess they want to be doubly sure I'm the same person renewing my permit...:rolleyes:
Some agency is getting rich with all my print cards over the years...

·
Registered
282 Posts
It goes into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC). As public record and as a practical matter, your data is neither private nor secure. The whole purpose of NCIC is to share data.

Read about it here. It's kind of funny when you consider a bunch of goverment employees are in charge of it.

NCIC Description

1 - 6 of 6 Posts