Printing issues???

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by invicta8926, May 22, 2012.

1. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

I have been carrying a Glock 23 in a sport/combat holster for about a week. I can't help but wonder (worst case scenario) what will happen if some "makes me"? I don't think printing is illegal in NC is it?

2. vincent

vincent New Member

No, it's not illegal. If someone 'makes you' it's probably another ccw'er, the general public is oblivious for the most part.

If printing is an issue for you, re-visit your setup.

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I have been using a butt forward strong side carry. It reduces printing and is more accessible in a vehicle. You will have to learn to properly draw with this set up but it is not difficult. The main thing is to rotate your hand with the pistol pointed down so the muzzle does not cross your body.

4. phildenton

phildenton New Member

I carry a ruger 357 4", and live in wa, i dont worry about printing, in fact i carry oc about 20% of the time without issues

5. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

Thanks, I have looked and could not find a definite answer. I didn't want any unexpected issues. It doesn't bother me that much but you know...

6. Rentacop

Rentacop New Member

If it worry's you that much, consider a 5.11 tactical vest or equivalent . The bulk of the vest, especially the original canvas model, will hide any outlines .

7. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I would strongly urge you to correct your printing issue. Legal or not it only takes one hoplophobe to notice it and call the police.:eek:

The responding cop will not be interested in seeing your CCW. At least not before he performed his "felony stop" procedures, ordered you to the ground, cuffed you, relieved you of your gun, then thoroughly chewed your ass for wasting his time with your carelessness.:rolleyes:

Not trying to bust your chops bit this happened to a friend. I had told him he was carrying too much gun and printing but he paid it no mind until it resulted in a very unpleasant encounter.

Tack

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

I pack a full size 1911, and used to carry a Smith model 65-2. I just let them print, no one cares, and the sheeple are completely oblivious.

edit: well...after reading tack's post...think I may reconsider this issue myself....

9. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I would. This was my buddies one and only encounter with LEO's and it did a number on him. He actually stoped carrying for abot 4 months. Suffice to say he did not enjoy the event.

Tack

10. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

Last night while at KFC in Springlake I looked into the glass and noticed the outline of my Glock clearly shown because of the chair I was sitting in. I'm not sure about the vest but I'm going to the gun show on June 2nd to see if I can find something to alleviate the problem. Any idea's considering warm weather is here?

11. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

I have a Galco King Tuck holster and it conceals my Glock 32 very well. With a tucked, loose fitting T shirt, I have to contort my torso quite a bit to get it to really print. It's very comfortable also.

12. vincent

vincent New Member

In T-shirt weather, you gotta go IWB. Any OWB is going to print. They do make wraparound torso holsters but I can't see them being comfortable at all in the heat. A gun belt is another choice but depending on your frame, it still may print...

http://www.firearmstalk.com/entries/gun-belt-review.html

13. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Luckily in NC printing is not against the law. Look in a mirror at your set up and see what you need to change. The wife will let me know if she can see a print, or bless her heart she will buy me another shirt with a bolder pattern.

I had a problem with an ankle rig showing while sitting in church but it has since been retired to the holster box.

14. Sideswipe

Sideswipe New Member

If you're having printing problems, take a look at your rig. I conceal a G23 in a comptac Minotaur set to zero cant at 3:00 very well.

15. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

I wear my sport/combat holster everywhere with everything (including t-shirts), the only problem is the extended mag release pokes me when I'm in my vehicle.

16. Longrange

Longrange New Member

Printing here in Florida is a no no. The law reads it is at the officers discretion in regard to brandishing.......... Cough, cough bullsh*t.

17. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

I don't like the sound of that.

18. linuxuser3890

linuxuser3890 New Member

Buy a thinner pistol, a Glock is going to print like that in summer apparel.

19. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

before making yourself bigger, and possibly uncomfortable, change the holster. A custom made holster will solve these issues for under $70.

Thats not really true. I have been carrying Glocks of all sizes for years in all types of clothing including swim trunks and they can certainly be hidden. There is no print from my 19 in any clothing using my defensiveholsters.com holster.

20. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

What does that mean?