Firearms Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hoarders beware

I tried everywhere in my local area and there are almost no primers available even at the largest retailers. Of course I'm preaching to the choir.
I keep a thousand primers of each type I reload.
When the supply dried up we started blaming the Govt, then shooters who were hoarding. But have you looked at GunBroker.com lately? There is no shortage of primers from 496 sellers who are selling at 3 to 4 times the retail price. That is where the hoarding starts. They have created this situation by buying up tons of primers at a fair price and are flipping them at a huge profit.
I recommend checking as many of those sellers as possible and sending an email telling them how you will remember this when times are better.
I support my local gun store and retailers who try to provide me with the components I need for my sport. The Gougers who are taking advantage of the situation, and possibly created it, should pay for this. We deserve better.

"No thing of importance will come without effort".
D. Wesson 1849

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can agree that the Gov is buying massive quantities of primers in the form of loaded ammo to support the GWOT. Law enforcement and retail ammo sales are taking its tool too. But back to hoarding... The hoarding started before the election last year. Now many people are selling to make a vast profit on the scarcity of primers. I object to those carpetbaggers. I cannot fault anyone who buys up primers to get them through the year. Although I feel sorry for those so afraid of Obama that they bought up a LIFETIME supply. I would say to them, have some faith that this will blow over. I stood in line two hours at the last gunshow for primers. I bought a full years supply for myself and others, at a fair price I might add, because they simply have not been available around here for months. Anyway, the hoarders do exist and they ARE now selling at a great profit on internet sites. Its just wrong to use supply and demand as an excuse to take advantage of people who supposedly shared a common sport/hobby. We should be taking care of each other.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts