Primary Arms Red Dot Problem

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by GREGULON, Apr 13, 2012.

1. GREGULON

GREGULON New Member

So I bought the Primary Arms RD last week and today at the range I zeroed my irons and then co witnessed the dot. The I broke a three round set and the dot just jumped up and to the right. I repeated the process 2-3 more times with similar results. Them I just tapped the sight with my hand and it moved off target. I sent a email to PA's website. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Similar, but not the same. Mine wouldn't adjust. Came in high to the left, and abso-freaking-lutely refused to move. Sent an email, and was thoroughly impressed with customer service. New one is on its way, with a return label for the bad one.
    I think they got a batch of lemons.

3. GREGULON

GREGULON New Member

So it just happened to you?

4. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Yep. I'm actually sitting here waiting on my new RDS.

5. GREGULON

GREGULON New Member

They just sent me a email saying a similar thing.

6. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Just hope they found the bad batch and that the replacement works.

7. GREGULON

GREGULON New Member

Well its here but I am afraid it has the same problem, could it be a mount problem?

8. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I won't know for sure until tomorrow when I test it out. If it has the same problem, then I am calling them again.

9. GREGULON

GREGULON New Member

So I just tried out my original on a UTG Riser I bought for my scope and the dot didn't flinch at all so I think it has to be the cheap mount I put it on. It is a knock off of the KAC T1 mount. It breaks down into 4 parts, a top and bottom with 2 plastic spacers to skiers the height. I am leaving the country for 2 weeks so I can't do anything until I get back, but I think the Larue is the one I will try when I get back and I will get the UTG Riser also. The Daniel Defence is cool to. Let me know what happens.
    Out

10. GREGULON

GREGULON New Member

ForumRunner_20120416_230154.jpg

ForumRunner_20120416_230235.jpg

I think that the mount looks cool but it doesn't matter if it can't hold zero.

11. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Will do. You do the same.

12. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Just did a little tweaking with it on the bench, and it adjusts well, and doesn't seem to have any problems whatsoever. Safe to assume I got a lemon, and this one will work.

13. GREGULON

GREGULON New Member

So I've got a UTG Riser on the way and I'm bidding on a LaRue which I think will be the best for returning to zero. Any experience with other mounts out there?