price vs ...

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by radams430, Dec 15, 2011.

1. radams430

radams430 New Member

Can anyone recommend a quality .40 s&w that's not going to cost over about $400? I've been looking at some of the importers like EAA and others like stoeger?

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Take a look at S&W Sigma.

3. G30USMC

G30USMC Active Member Supporter

I second the SW Sigma..... SW40VE, nice firearm for the price.

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

for the $300 you can get you cant go wrong with a sigma , mine is a great shooter, accurate and reliable ,
    She is know as the red headed step child to most fanboys out there because of how cheap it is but she is still one of my favs and I would take it over a glock any day

5. Bootsdeal

Bootsdeal New Member

I agree with Sigma. My son in law has one and it has never had a failure, even with cheap ammo. It eats it all equally and is, so far, 100 per cent reliable. I'd buy one any day.

6. Ghostman2nv

Ghostman2nv New Member

I have a sigma i got for $270 and it shoots great, never any problems
    Roll w it

7. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Even at $400, you can afford to refine your search for the best possible fit. Metal or polymer? Compact or full-framed? And $400 can get you into an excellent/used formerly $600 gun. If you go into a gun store with a $400 budget, a lot of places will steer you toward Taurus (because seemingly EVERYONE is overstocked on them). Some are fine, but I'd be a bit apprehensive about running with the Bull.

A few suggestions:
    S&W SD40 (the new & improved Sigma?)
    Ruger SR40
    Sig P250
    Sig SP2022
    Bersa Thunder
    Used polymers (XD and Glock are easy to find around $400)
    Used S&W Model 4006 variants

The above can all be found for around $400. And if you keep your eyes peeled on a local internet trading forum, there are occasionally great used deals. I've seen used Sig P226/229 and XDm40 go for $400-500 on occasion.

8. fergsgunshop

fergsgunshop New Member

If you want me to price them I can ?

9. undumb

undumb New Member

In my opinion... Don't settle! If you buy a gun solely on price you won't be happy. Figure out which gun you want, if you can't afford it, keep saving. In the long run you'll be glad you did.

10. rmw

rmw New Member

If you are purchasing it to shoot get whatever you want but if you are thinking you may use it to save your or a family members life some day get a good quality gun, used is a great route allot of gun owners sell guns just because they want a diff one. If you find a great deal allot of gunshops also have no interest lay away

11. fergsgunshop

fergsgunshop New Member

I do no interest layaway for any one it is a way to promote gun sales

12. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i was going to suggest the ruger sr40. it has performed well for me in 9mm im sure its good as a 40. and also an xd. new or used they are greatt guns. but just over your price range

13. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

I carry the Bersa UC 40. I love the gun, I'm not real fond of their customer service but besides that it's been a decent gun, I love the features and the trigger is just fantastic for a sub 400 buck gun.

14. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

15. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  16. fergsgunshop

fergsgunshop New Member

Ruger sr9cis great for 395!

17. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

Check out Hi Point

Go to Buds you can get 2 guns for $400 maybe a 9 and a 40 these are Hi-Point guns and I've been told they are great guns for twice the price and have great CS I rented a Hi Point .45 at my gun range and had no problems I don't know about "Great" but they're not bad.

Hi-Point 34010 40SW/P 40SW 10RD POLYMER $150.00 SHIPS FREE

18. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Hey...you can get those for free in any dumpster in North Minneapolis :p