Price check

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Squawk, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I'm trying to trade for a Springer LW Champion Operator.

The person trading this pistol is trying to drive up price by saying that Springfield only makes 250 of these a year and that its really rare.

I will admit that I have not seen one for sale at any of my 3 LGS or from online retailer.

Most sites have it listed at $850. He has added a Wilson MSH with Speed chute and a TLR-1. I told him the pistol is worth about $1100. Pricing out my AR I'm coming to about $1300 what I paid, $1000 - $1100 what I could build it for now. That's without a Leupold Mark AR scope with ADM mount which cost about $550.

What's your take? I want this pistol but not enough to take a $500 loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  2. Squawk

Squawk New Member

And does anyone believe that Springfield told him they only make 250 LW Champion Operator' a year?

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

MSRP on that pistol is $1129. can't honestly say whether it's a good trade or not, but i'm not sure i could make that trade myself.

a good trade is when both parties leave happy. and i sense a bit of reluctance on your part. might be better to walk away from this trade.

about them only making 250 of them a year, i have heard that before as well, and that may only be internet rumor, but i haven't seen any evidence to support that statement. so it could be true, but it could be simply rumor to jack up the price a bit and help be in a better trading position. maybe someone else can either verify or dispell that claim about them only making 250 of them a year.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  4. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Thanks Axxe.

I'm in for trading the AR without the Scope. Just really wanted know about the amount manufactured per year. Either way if I get lucky and find one new, I'm spending less out of pocket than the AR cost.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

you're welcome. sorry i couldn't be more help. :eek:

i have heard it before, but i have never seen any proof yet that it's a fact.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

When you go shopping for that Harley, it does not really matter how much bling is on it.

A used Harley is a used Harley.