Presma scopes any good?

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Shawn Megredy, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Shawn Megredy

Shawn Megredy New Member

I am on a budget and ran across a presma sniper eagle scope for my grendel build has anyone had any experience with these. I can not find many reviews

2. harkersislandnc

harkersislandnc Well-Known Member

I would stay away. What is your budget/intended use of the rifle.

3. Shawn Megredy

Shawn Megredy New Member

I plan to use it for hunting I was also looking at the primary arms scopes i would like to stay under 170

4. Shawn Megredy

Shawn Megredy New Member

I am using it on a ar15 that has 6.5 grendel upper with 20 inch barrel

5. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

It makes me laugh!
    Guy's buy or build a firearm,and spend hundred's of dollars on it,but then want to completely cheap out on what most experienced shooter's would deem the most important part of a shooting system - The freaking OPTICS!

Good luck,You will just waste your money putting inferior optics on any firearm.

6. Shawn Megredy

Shawn Megredy New Member

I have 3 small children to feed i don't have thousands of dollars to spend on A-scope doing the best I can so So if you do not have anything positive to say please don't post anything

7. harkersislandnc

Hunting or target work?

8. Txhillbilly

No offense was meant,but I'd suggest saving a little longer and buying a scope that will at least give you a lifetime of performance with decent optical quality.
    Around $300 will buy you a good scope if you're not planning on cranking on the turrets shooting at longer ranges. You can also buy a used higher $$$ scope in many cases for 50-60% of what they cost new.

1.What is your intended purpose with the gun?
    2.What is the longest range you will attempt to shoot? Trying to shoot Long Ranges with a cheap scope is a waste of time.
    3.What magnification range of scope are you wanting?

Dallas53 likes this.
  9. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

He might have just saved you some of your hard earned money.
    How is that not a positive?
    Think Cabelas had Leupold VX1 2-7X for $150 not long ago.
    Not perfect but a decent scope IMHO.
    Like to find a VX1 3-9X on blowout (change parallax and put it on my 10/22).

10. Hookeye

Sniper this and sniper that.
    Suckered many a dollar.
    I don't click knobs back and forth, am a "set it and forget" type, so the Leupold VX1 and 2 stuff works well for me. Backed by great warranty too.

11. Shawn Megredy

Shawn Megredy New Member

Looking to use it for hunting. I don' have much money and not looking for real long range. I live In va and most shots are going to be 75 -150 yards. Any more than that is a plus I am kinda skittish on used scopes because I don't know how it was taken care of.

12. Hookeye

Hunting...........gas, time.........burn vacation days/not work overtime............the cost is significant. I know I blew over 300 in gas one deer season and that was yrs ago.
    Now I don't shoot big deer very often..............but I don't hold smaller bucks in lesser regard. They all catch a bullet where they are supposed to.
    Never understood guys with good ground, half arsing it with cheap guns/scopes...........missing or wounding a big buck.............and shrugging it off with a
    "better luck next time". Maybe they are covered up with 150" deer all the time and it is no big deal...............my guess is not.

I haven't had a crack at a deer over 135" for a decade.

13. Hookeye

I bought two Leupolds new that were bad from the factory LOL. One in 1980 and another in 1999. They were fixed/replaced quickly. Have owned over a half dozen others used and at least another half dozen new............no issues. Never a failure afield.

14. Shawn Megredy

Shawn Megredy New Member

Opinions on Bushnell and Nikon

15. Hookeye

While some cheaper scopes may have worked well in the past..........manufacturing moved for some brands/models and quality took a dump. Dunno who is making what for whom anymore. I prefer reg Duplex for hunting reticle.

Had a Redfield Revolution 2-7X w accurange reticle on an AR and it annoyed me, so went with reg Duplex. In the woods the 2X is pretty sweet. However, if using an AR with fixed FSB........you will see it until you crank it up to 3 or 4X.

My deer rifles..........one wears a 4x and the other a 2-7X. Last 3 deer shot 50,75 and 50 yards........4X the highest mag. Two were on the move too.

16. Hookeye

Seen too many Bushnell Banners and Nikon Buckmasters go back to factories. While some may have been victim of improper mounting or abuse...........not all of them were. They moved production on the Bushnell Banners and QC took a dump. Can't recommend them, but my experience (decent volume shop) was 9 yrs ago. Dunno if things got better or not.

17. harkersislandnc

18. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member Supporter

what he says is true. for the most part, you get what you pay for with buying a cheap scope. the possible reason there are no reviews is because it's cheap junk. frankly i have never even heard of that brand, so my guess is, it's just another cheap brand of scope, that hardly even merits any attention if you are seriously looking for a decent scope.

for hunting, you can spend between $200 to $300 and get a quality scope with a good warranty.

Shawn Megredy likes this.
  19. Txhillbilly

Most of them in your price range are crap.

Buying good quality used scopes usually isn't a problem,and today,most companies have a Lifetime warranty on their optics.

Natchez sells these Weaver Classic Extreme scopes,and they are pretty good optics for the price,and great hunting scopes. These were Weaver's top of the line scopes before the Super Slam series came out. I have put several of them on friends rifles,and they work great for hunting. They have the 56mm objective lens model on sale cheaper than the 50mm models,and it's in your price range,plus I see they also have a 10% off promotion going on until February 21st.

https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-classic-extreme-rifle-scope-2-5-10x56mm-4-matte.html

Shopfox, Shawn Megredy and Dallas53 like this.
  20. Danoobie

Danoobie Well-Known Member

So, you're going to spend over a thousand dollars on a rifle, THEN, suddenly
    run into "budget problems" with children, and all, when it's time to get a scope.
    The fact you have budget issues isn't going to make this scope you asked
    about work any better than it does.
    Imagine how pissed you're going to be, when that rifle you've built won't
    hold zero, or hit the broad side of a barn.

If you've already bought the rifle, and you want to keep it, put it away, till
    you can afford good glass. If you haven't bought the rifle, I would say
    allocate your finances differently, putting @45% of the money into a good
    scope.

A 300$ rifle with a 500$ scope is going to shoot much better than a
    650$ rifle with a 150$ scope.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018