Preparing my family for a fire.

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by rhaswell79, Oct 23, 2009.

1. rhaswell79

rhaswell79 New Member

I live in Southern California and we’ve had a bad record of wildfires over the past few years. I’d really like suggestions on things I can to do prepare my family if and when this situation happens again. Are there things I can do personally, other than just talking to them about it? I think it could be helpful to enroll them in a rec class or something offered through a school or extracurricular program. Does anyone know of any organizations that do this? Maybe the red cross? I’ve also heard about a local self defense studio that does a disaster preparation course, but I’m not sure what my best option would be. My kids are 8 and 13, so it would need to be geared towards that age group. I’d appreciate any suggestions!

“Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.” Steven Wright

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Listen to me very carefully, I am only going to offer this suggestion once........MOVE!!

Jack

3. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

This would be the second time I've seen this same thing posted by different user names.

4. orangello

orangello New Member