Pre-Craziness AR Prices

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by clr8ter, Apr 4, 2013.

1. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

About a month ago, I ordered a Colt 6920. I was actually hoping it would take a a while to come in, but as luck would have it, they called today to say it's here. $1295 OTD.

So my question is this: What did this gun sell for last fall before all this crazy stuff started? I looked, and all I can seem to find is the current inflated prices. With things looking like they might calm down, I'd rather not pay an inflated price, although this price does not sound too bad. What do you guys think?

2. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Pre-hysteria, your gun goes for somewhere between $1050 and the price you paid. I'd say $1150 would have been pretty typical. But it depends on the details, such as potential furniture upgrades, etc.

There are a lot of Colt fans out there. Personally, I think you can do better at Colt's price point...especially if you'd prefer a mid-length. But regardless of my own preferences and biases, I think you did just fine.

It should be a good rifle at an acceptable price.

3. chrishiggin29

chrishiggin29 Member

That's still a fair price for a colt. Before the panic If you can get one for 900 to 1200 it's a good deal IMO

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

It is a fair price for a 6920 today, maybe $150 higher than they were before Sandy Hook.

5. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Cool, sounds good, then.

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Heres some pre prices of some stuff i bought . Dont freak now :D
    The WF ARMORY was a complete dpms 16" upper $399 .
    Complete PSA rifle $626 shipped
    PSA LOWER $49
    PSA MOE build kit every thing but stripped lower $529
    Sorry they are hard to read

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  7. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

OK. I went and got the gun yesterday. Turns out that the one I wanted with the carry handle on top is not being made for '13. Now the only choice apparently is the flip-up Magpul sight. It's kinda cool, but I like the looks of the carry handle. Does anyone have a handle for a 6920 they'd sell? Did the ones that came with the handle have a rail underneath?
    I also scored 100 rounds of ammo for it. (With gun purchase only) $63. For now it's going to sit unfired in the closet. We'll see if ammo become available again.......

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Any carry handle will fit it if u can find one . The carry handle is just bullet proof , solid and just plain works . I'm looking for one for one of my SBR's

9. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

So they haven't changed the top of the receiver for '13? The carry handle is universally the same?

10. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

they were just over a grand at some local wal-mart stores around us (pre-madness). this doesn't sound like a terrible price imo, considering the climate.

11. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

This is what makes mil spec great :) all the same

12. rachilders

rachilders New Member

I was looking at them at a local W-M after Thanksgiving last year and they were selling for $1,099. FYI, this one had the handle. I ultimately (actually, one days before the Newtown shootings) decided on a S&W M&P-15 at another store.

13. Quentin

Quentin New Member

The Colt 6920 rail is the same for 2013 so any milspec height carry handle will fit and zero properly with the front sight. Unfortunately there are comspec height carry handles that fit Bushmaster, ArmaLite, DPMS, RRA, Olympic and others that don't have milspec height front sights. You definitely want the milspec carry handle that Colt, S&W, BCM, Daniel Defense, Noveske, PSA, Spikes and others use. The milspec front and rear sights are 0.04" taller than comspec.

Sorry to throw a curveball at you but it is important. If you do a little googling you'll see the steel protective ears around the aperture of the milspec handle stick up a little higher than the comspec. I'll see if I can find a link. (BTW, almost all quality third party flip up rear sights are milspec height.)

Here's more reading on it...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/424705_.html

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  14. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Thanks, Quentin. I had no idea. Milspec. Right.