pre ban

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by ponyboy, Jun 28, 2012.

1. ponyboy

ponyboy New Member

Anyone know where I can find 3 or4 pre ban 30 rd mags?

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Most gun shows have a ton.

3. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

Since you are asking about pre-ban mags, I assume you are living in a state that bans anything higher than 10 rounds? If so, I suggest you look for "law enforcement/military only" type stamp on them. If they have something similar, stay away from them. Check cheaperthandirt.com site. They have a run on used mags sometimes.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'm gonna guess you're in Massachusetts. If I'm right right you have two options. Call all the gun stores in the area and ask If they have them and expect to pay a minimum $20 each or wait for a gun show. And as stated stay away from anything marked for military or police use only. You cannot get them from out of state. They must have been pre-owned by someone in ma before 1994. Thanks Romney.

5. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

Romney had very little to do with it according to my cousin who lives in Bean Town.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

In 1994 Romney had supported firearms-control measures opposed by the National Rifle Association: the so-called Brady Bill, which restricted the sale of handguns, and the assault weapons ban. During the 1994 senatorial campaign he had taunted: "That's not going to make me the hero of the NRA." He reinforced his support for these measures when he ran for governor in 2002, when he promised not to chip away at the Commonwealth's tough gun laws. Now as a presidential candidate, Romney presented himself disingenuously as a lifetime member of the NRA and a hunter of "varmints," which prompted the acerbic Boston Globe columnist Joan Vennochi to write: "Leave it to Mitt Romney to shoot himself in the foot with a gun he doesn't own." Source: An Inside Look,by R.B.Scott, p.144-145 ,Nov22,2011

7. ponyboy

ponyboy New Member

I live in upstate NY,and I have found some online, but most companies will not ship even the pre ban mags up here.I have talked to alot of gunshops in my area that have a few for there personal use and say as long as there pre ban there legal just going to be harder to find without taking a trip out of state to find them.My problem is the law,I can own pre ban,but not new.....?they look the same to me.

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Preban mags should be undated or dated before 9/1994 but double check that date. Watch out for dates that are ground off, it happens.

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

See quentin's reply above. They need a date. Thats tough to find with ar mags a lot arent date stamped. And the ones that are, are still illegal to mail to a ban state.