Prayer for Israel

Discussion in 'Prayers and Well Wishes' started by AmPaTerry, Jul 24, 2014.

1. AmPaTerry

AmPaTerry Forum Chaplain Lifetime Supporter

Heavenly Father;
    We come before you today upholding your people Israel. They are suffering from a barrage of rockets that are being fired into their country. Some have been killed, some wounded, and all are having their lives turned upside down from this.
    We ask, Lord, that you would intervene in this conflict.
    We ask that you would protect your people.
    We ask that you would guide the Mossad in their intelligence work.
    We ask that you would strengthen and protect every person in the IDF.
    We ask that you would deal with the people in the UN that are making accusations against Israel.
    We ask that you would influence everyone around the globe to do whatever they can to come to Israel's aid.
    we ask that you would cause all of the enemies of Israel to be caught up in their own snares and fall into their own pits.

And we ask all of this in the name of Jesus the Christ, the Lion of Judah -

Amen -

2. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

Well said! I just can't believe people don't know or remember that Israel has been a target of all of their neighbors almost since the beginning of their freedom.

3. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Great prayer. Great post
    They have my prayers.

4. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Amen...

And if I may add.

Lord, please give our CIC the strength to change what he can, the patience to accept what he can not, and the wisdom to recognize that he is completely devoid of ALL THREE.

Amen

Tack

5. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

That's a wonderful prayer, now let's expand that to ALL of God's children, including those in Palestine.

6. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

You seriously want God to protect and intervene on behalf of the people who are slaughtering Jews and Christians? You clearly have no idea how this works. If you want to pray for the Palestinians pray that they would ask for forgiveness and that they would turn from their wickedness and come to Jesus.

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

While I 100% place the blame at Hamas' and the Palestinians' feet, if you cannot pray for and bless both the sons of Abraham, I'm pretty confident you're missing half the will of God. It is a tragedy whenever an Israeli or an Arab dies in this conflict.

8. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Thank you for your prayers on behalf of my people. Our congregation borrows "Space " from a Baptist church,...my last trip to "the homeland" was in 1983 while assigned to Lebanon. My unit was pulled 9 days before the Barracks Truck bombing. My friend's son is going in December. He has agreed to bring Prayers to the Wall.

Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk

9. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

As Christians we are taught to pray for ALL of God's children, we all need protection, mercy and healing, and we all need enlightenment, wisdom and discretion.

I am not taking sides in this, this is a war that has spanned millennia. I do agree that Hamas started this skirmish. Innocent souls on both sides are dying.

10. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

The lord says pray for your enemies.

11. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

There are innocent people killed on both sides, if I was saying a prayer it would be for all the innocent people.

I would like to see the evidence you have for that before I condemned brave people that are on the ground trying to help people, I would pray for their protection and help in their good work.

Your people, are we not all gods children.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  12. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Remember the words that God spoke to Abram. (Abraham)

Genesis 12:3King James Version (KJV)

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

13. manta

I like your avatar we have a similar one here.

Attached Files:

14. locutus

Manta, my friend, the so called United Nations is a criminal, anti western, anti Christian, anti-semitic organization. I've searched diligently and can find no good work that they have ever done for anyone unless it was also harmful to the U.S., NATO, or Judeo-Christian people. I pray for an end to the criminal U.N.

15. manta

That's a view about the organization, but I have no doubt that individual UN workers on the ground are doing a good job and their motives are to help, in lots of parts of the world. PS. not everyone here supports Israel. Republicans some ex terrorists condemn Israel. Sinn Féin the political wing of the IRA for example.

But Israel does have friends here.
    Northern Ireland Friends of Israel

www.nifi.org.uk

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  16. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

Can't believe anyone is arguing in a thread that started as a prayer. I'd personally like to see opinions put aside if someones posts a prayer, be it for a loved one, or for a country in distress.

17. locutus

No argument, Fernando. Just civil discussion.:)

18. AmPaTerry

AmPaTerry Forum Chaplain Lifetime Supporter

Sure did not mean to cause problems -

Of course Christians are God's people as well.
    The Jews are his first chosen people, under the first covenant.
    The Gentiles are his second chosen people, under the second covenant.
    Romans chapter 11 covers this in great detail.

But my prayer was for the Jews, for they are the particular people who are the target of virtually ALL their neighbors, and are under vicious attack right now.

19. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Hamas lives for that. All Israel wants is to be left alone. Gaza could have been an an oasis of prosperity. There are jobs in Israel. Many westerners struggle to make sense of them. They are oppressed by Hamas... (They elected it.) No, they are oppressed by Israel... (Israel left a decade ago and wants no part of it.) No, it's an old blood feud thing... (Only started in the British Palestine, when the Arabs attacked the new Jewish settlers.) Praying is one thing, being able to tell right from wrong, the good from the wicked, is another.

20. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

That mural, is it a satire? Can't tell... Are the white splashes from thrown projectiles?