Firearms Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,460 Posts
Under Armor sells cold weather shooting gloves with a trigger-finger release for about $40. Or you can go higher end with Wiley X Paladin cold weather combat gloves, for $140.

Plenty of in-between stuff.

The U/A gloves worked fine for me when I about froze my azz off hog hunting in Texas last Dec.
This is TOOO funnny. Come up here to the upper midwest and try late season archery or M/L deer hunting.

Butt of the Wolf after a mere 1 hour into a 4 hour sit...

I use neoprene gloves to cut wind. The downside is they dont breath and eventually your sweat will get to you....have found 2 layers of the mil surp wool glove liners to be awesome in relatively calm conditions.

· Registered
3,460 Posts
Yeah that's downright painful looking. Didn't get that cold in Texas.
Only "painful" until you see this.

Anywho, back on topic. Many ways to keep the booger hooks warm...for a while. You just have to experiment until you find something that works for YOU.

The only thing that drives me out of the woods on cold days is my fingers or toes. It took a while of experimenting with different brands/types/combinations until i landed on something that worked.

Different equipment for different conditions.

If its just shooting....i go to the truck and warm up...it just aint THAT important to stay in one place on the range!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.