PPU 5.56 xm193

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by redneckbuckeye, Mar 26, 2009.

1. redneckbuckeye

redneckbuckeye New Member

Any body have any experience in shooting and hand loading this ammo, see a lot of it around last week at the gun show, and didn't know anything about it.

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I believe that is Prvi Partisan. I am not sure of the primer type. Is it brass cased? I think I have some of that brass and if I recall correctly, it is good to go.

3. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

I didn't know what PPU stood for either when I bought 100 rds. of once fired brass for $5 last week. What I DO know is that you don't want to try to decap it with a standard decapping pin. I broke mine trying. Apparrently those cases have crimped primers and need to be decapped with a Lee decapping tool or a hardened steel decapping pin. The brass seems to be of excellent quality.

4. K.O.W.

K.O.W. New Member

Ppu

I know only something .224-, .30-, 9mm-, .357- and 9,3 PPU-bullets. They are not high-quality products, but ofcourse cheap.

5. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

PPU Brass - Reloads

I have successfully re-loaded many .223/5.56 rounds using range pick-up PPU brass. I de-capped with my standard RCBS SB sizing/de-capping die and have not had any problems.

TXnorton

6. richardnorton

richardnorton New Member

Prvi Partisan, makes good ammo (made in Serbia) the brass isn't the best in the market, and yes it is a crimped primer, so decaping and re-priming might be a problem. But last year when 62 grain FMC was hard to find as hen's teeth, Prvi Partisan was available from Midway. I am not shooting compitition, but for coyotes and and men they will do what they are made for, kill!