PPK in 380

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by TroyS, Jun 29, 2012.

1. TroyS

TroyS New Member

I have alway wanted a PPK. Anyone have any thoughts on them. Yes it's probably because James Bond had one. I am wondering about recoil, because I know my GF and my daughter are going to want to shoot it too.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

They are a cool little gun. Recoil is manageable. They tend to be finicky about ammo. Don't think it would be my first choice for a carry gun but I want one.

3. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Also what Hitler killed himself with, but a .32.

Never fired one but always wanted to. The PPK/S feels a little better in my hand and holds one more round.

4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

My FIL has a PPK in .380 and I was surprised by the sharpness of the recoil. Compared to my Sig P238, it was not nearly as enjoyable to shoot. I thought it would be smoother shooting than my 238 since its larger and heavier, but I was wrong. I think the blowback design doesn't help much for managing recoil. I would not recommend for younger shooters or women with little shooting experience.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

With that comment I'll add a side note. I'm not very sensitive to recoil. My opinion on recoil may be off. Lol

6. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I just commented based the information about a child and girlfriend provided. It's manageable for most guys, but no way would I put one in the hands of a child and probably not a woman shooter either unless they're experienced.

7. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

I agree. A friend has one n it not fun to shoot long term got bite by her a few times. Wat about a look a like. Bersa makes a great look a like thats inexpensive and great to shoot. My sister has a bersa 380 thunder satin nickel. I would check it out.

8. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I was in the market for one of these, or a Sig P238, until I found the Sig P938. My issue with 380 is the ammo cost. Nearly that of 40 S&W.

9. Don Davis

Don Davis New Member

I love my PPK/S

[​IMG]

The slide will bite you if you're not careful.

:cool:

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I have a PPK/s in .380 and .22lr.

The only complaint I have on the .380 is the weight after wearing all day.

It feels good in the A.M., but feels like a Desert Eagle in the P.M.
    (My bad back has a lot to do with it.)