Powerball Wishlist

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ScottA, Sep 11, 2010.

1. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Well... 2hot2handle brought it up. I'm surprised he didn't already start this.

So you've hit the jackpot! WOOHOO! What are you going to do with all that money?

Here's a few things on my list:

P-51 Mustang... even the pilots who fly the most advanced aircraft in the world dream of flying this.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACmzdA3PE04&feature=related]YouTube - Two Very Low P-51 Passes.mp4[/ame]

Piaggio Avanti P-180... when I'm taking others with me.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLrO45MeaJU&feature=related]YouTube - Piaggio Aero P.180 Avanti Video Clip[/ame]

Cessna Corvalis TT... just to get around in.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RndrDlnC9R0]YouTube - Cessna 400 CORVALIS[/ame]

Beneteau 57... with one of these, I've got a condo anywhere from Chicago to Miami. Who knows, maybe I'll take it around the world someday.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm_6tkp33fw&feature=related]YouTube - Beneteau 57[/ame]

Anston Martin DB9 Convertible... Just sheer beauty.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8rHI2a-JtE]YouTube - Aston Martin DB9 Convertible[/ame]

And everything on my wish list below with a lot more thrown in.

2. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Land, lots and lots of land, and a log house smack dab in the middle of it. Trust accounts for sisters and kids, a charitable trust for donations so that I can tell anyone who comes looking for a handout to "fill out a proposal and submit it to the Trustee, then leave me the f alone". Stock investments. And travel. :D I have it all planned out.

3. collegekid20

collegekid20 New Member

I would send everyone in my family to college, pay off my parents debt. (basically just the house payment). a few ferrari's. lever action shotty, full auto thompson sub machinegun, land in montana and denver, beachhouse in the hamptons. Also, travel the world and have a personal trainer and nutritionist on call.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

A nice new house for me on a chunk of land to call my own. I'd help my 3 grown kids get homes, too, rather than renting. A couple horses and a barn on my land and my own little outdoor range. And a pistol of some sort and a rifle and an Uzi.......and endless ammo for range shooting.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Get assistance to remove all anti-Constitution people from public office.

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You mean after I pay off our student loans? I can see the wife and I getting a pair of new cars along with a house. A house on enough land that I can have my own shooting range out to at least 100yds. A garage where I can work on my cars and a studio for my wife to make her pottery.
    After that I would have to trade toys with the wife....gun for me, diamonds for her....gun for me, gold for her.

7. CGO

CGO New Member

1. Pay all the bills off because I'm sick of seeing them come in the mail every month.
    2. College funds for the grandkids
    3. Help the kids with their bills
    4. New small SUV
    5. I have always wanted to see Scotland since I was 10yrs old.
    6. Set my husband up with a bigger gunsmithing shop. He's running out of space.

8. opaww

opaww New Member

I would buy California and evict every anti-gunner in the state. I heard that Ca. was forsale cheep

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Pay off all my bills.
    Invest
    Buy a new house on 5000 acres
    Get a new truck
    Get another new truck
    get a UTV
    Tractor
    buy some new guns (By some I mean 1 of each)
    get me some nifty NFA toys
    get my pilot's lic.
    get a decent little plane
    Live life like I want.
    work 3 days a week at my gun store that is the size of a bass pro and a cabales together.
    Run for office maybe

Hunt all over the country and world. I wonder if you can hunt meerkats in africa? What varmints do they have to hunt in asia? Can you shoot penguins? What is the limit? What do they taste like?

10. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Probably like chicken.

11. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I'd buy a yacht, and hire a teacher for my son so we can travel the world. The yach would have to be big enough to hold all of my friends, and the crew. I would then start pirate hunting off the coast of Somalia. Ahhh...the life!

12. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Great Scott, I completely forgot about this idea. Thanks for bringing it up. :D

Well to start it off I'll be looking for a few 1000 acres up near up near hot sulfur springs in the mountains west of Denver. Fall there is just......mmmm gorgeous.

Then I'll build a nice 2000 square foot home with all the essentials, hot tub waterfalling into the pool which is half inside half outside. a at least 100yd range that is off my back porch covered of course. completely off the grid as well, i'll have my own electric all that jazz

my land will also have to have some water on it so i can justify one of these babys: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwowR_W_3AA]YouTube - Gibbs concept "Humdinga"[/ame]

and a few off road vehicles here and there and helo or two maybe a plane too.

oh and like tango said....one gun of every kind....plus maybe i'll start my own ammunition manufacturing company just so I don't have to worry :D

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

This is easy and it's hard all at the same time. Around here, we have only had the powerball for about 3 or so years I believe, a really high jackpot is in the $120-$150 range. Right now I believe it's $94mil.

Now, on the surface that is a TON of cash, but when you examine it, you have to be careful.

Take the 50% cash payout? You get a check for half the amount, and then you have to turn around and pay massive taxes.

Take the 25 year payments and you have a few million a year coming in and a much greater chance that you can divert a lot of the taxes. Since I am only 40 and in decent health, I would definitely look at going this route.

Now, you have to disappear at first. Everyone that knew you is going to coming around looking for a hand out of with the next big investment opportunity. You can't get suckered in, that is where a lot of winners go wrong. They want to bring everyone up to their level with gifts and houses and cars. Nice idea, not a great financial plan though.

Setting up trusts for those you care about, now that is a good plan. They get a monthly stipend, their money sits and grows in value, and you aren't out a ton of cash per person right off the bat. You can add to it each year when you get your check if you wish.

As for some things that I would look into buying.

Valhalla Training Center - I believe it has closed down, as has the resort, but it's an incredible place that is already got everything you need and it's up above Telluride, Co. so it's not like people can just "drop in on you". :D
    I would like to bring it back on line, host FTF training and meets, and I would be able to shoot everyday with varying degrees of scenarios and applications. As an aside, since my US members will have easy access, I will have to organize some out of the country pipelines to get guys like Francisco ( hires for bush training & wine knowledge ) Asmel ( I need a guy who is good with machines and monkeys, cmon!) zhuk and davyboy over here. Once here, it would be hard to get them out with the contacts we will have developed. :)

I would then set up a charity with the local PD. They would get funding from me, for tax purposes on my end, for all the good hardware they need. I get the ability to have Class III weapons and training on my site without any hassles. Win/Win. :D

One gunsmith I know and probably Nighthawk Custom would be on retainer for "as need" projects that came about. I would probably look at adding a gunsmith to the Valhalla facility, it would just be easier. NFA License moved through with the swiftness via certain high priced lawyers and contacts, then I can import and manufacture the good stuff for my training facility.

For personal wants: maybach is on my short list. Saville Row. I would probably have Tango kidnapped and force fit for one, all with video documentary, just for fun. :D

The next evolution of the FTF SUV would be developed. I would want to take the great features of vehicles like the Unimog, Land Rover Defender 90 and early Jeep and build a practical, tactical and cool SUV that was zombie ready.

And future FTF Phoenix winners wouldn't be able to lift the box without aid of a forklift.

JD

14. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

First, I'd quit my job. The phone call would be as follows:

RING, RING.

Supervisor: W******
    Me: Hello, T**? This is ******. The check cleared. I quit! (followed by maniacal, mad scientist-type laughter). ::::slam phone receiver down::::

Then, being a "rag bagger" (derogatory name used for those who prefer sail boats) I'd probably buy one of these:

Although I had thought that a 35-footer would be the maximum one could handle alone, the above 57-footer looks like it would be no problem whatsoever. Full specs on this sweetheart sail boat here (Teak decking....I'm drooling [​IMG] )

Then, my 10 acres (or more now that I have the money to afford it) to be bought in eastern Texas (northeast or southeast of the Dallas-Ft. Worth area). The house would be a bit larger than originally planned. Fully equipped basement complete with "tornado room" with a quite large weapons safe. Reloading equipment with a nicely sized work area for "component" storage, as well as reloaded supplies. Outside the house, right next to it, actually, would be my 800 yard (minimum length) private shooting range. It would have more than the 5 lanes I currently have planned. Next to that would be the barbecue/outdoor activity area for those "backyard parties" after the shooting festivities are over and the guns are unloaded and put away.

Besides that, not really much else would be necessary. I'd probably make a couple of trips to Europe (Germany and England mostly) and then I'd just settle down and enjoy my retirement for the rest of my life. Currently I'm 60 so my "plans" for a lottery win wouldn't be as aggressive as they would if I were much younger.

15. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I'd buy Hi-Point and start manufacturing 1911's.:eek:

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

JD has a great thing in dropping off the grid.

My family would get a little that is it.

I know I would do one thing that is get all of Bears medical needs taken care of.

I would also help Asmel and his ENTIRE FAMILY get in this country.

After that See what I said above.

17. Angry_bald_guy

Angry_bald_guy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I would buy a small house in Central Kentucky with a decent amount of land around it, then I would take it completely off the grid. Solar panels for power, find an underground spring for water and set up a water purifier for it, septic tank to keep off the sewer grid, and satellite access for internet. I would then proceed to stock my fortress for end of the world survival. After all of that is done, I would buy a few things that I would like to have and put the rest in a trust so I can live off the interest from the trust without touching the rest of the capital. I don't see my plans costing more than 3mil to set up what I want. Even taking a 50% pay out on a 100m lottery means I'm getting 50m. If the government takes as much as 60% of that in taxes, I've still got 20m. 17m in a trust is more than I would ever need.