Power Bond Bullets

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by beaglesam, Jul 2, 2012.

1. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

I recently purchased .45 ACP 230 gr bullets at the gun show. I liked them and wanted more so I fond them online. Ordered 1,000 bullets on Friday June 29 they were delivered today Monday July 2. That's pretty good service IMO. Even better 1,000 was $123 with no delivery charge. I highly recommend.
    http://powerbondbullets.com/

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Hey, BeagleSam, thanks very much for the information. I had just ordered 1000 .45 ACP 230 gr ammo from Power Bond.
    Usually I pay over 350 dollars for that amount. Now I got it for 129 dollars. Thanks again for the headsup! :)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012

3. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

:eek:

um.....this is unloaded ammo......bullets only. Please tell me you don't pay $350 for 230 gr bullets.

$350 for loaded live ammunition sounds about right. Please?:rolleyes:

4. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

I'm reloading 1,000 rounds for about $172.

5. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I was refering to this post.............

6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

sounds about right, 3 cents for primers, 3 cents for powder.

I just hope PanBaccha understand his order is for the bullet only...not loaded live ammo is all i'm worried about.

7. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco New Member

Looks like more expensive Berry's Bullets. Have not had real good results with them. Think I'll stick to hard cast.

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

They are more expensive than Berry's because they are plated MUCH thicker. They are more like the Speer Unicore bullets than Berry's or Ranier.

I am interested in such reviews, tom. Thanks. What problems have you experienced?

9. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I'm afraid you're right. Thought it was live ammo. Oh, damn! :eek:

10. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I had just now gotten off phone with bank and stopped payment due to my error in judgment. I had also gotten in touch with PowerBond informing them of my error. I want to thank you members for catching this for me. Happy 4th of July to you all! :)

11. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco New Member

Mostly shoot hard cast (158gr rnfp or swc) in my .357's. Purchased some Berry's Plated (1000 hp 158 gr and 1000 fp 158 gr). I have tried 4 different powders (Blue Dot, Unique, Bullseye and H110) and have not had good results. Get at least one flier every 5 rounds (usually high to right). Have tried crimping light to very light. Have used the same loads I have used for hard cast and lighter loads. They do shoot OK out of my lever gun, so I guess I'll just use them up in the rifle. I go back to hard cast and group just fine. Any thoughts?