Firearms Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't have much to do today so I drove to a nice sporting goods store about 70 miles south of town and I bought a couple of pounds of CFE Pistol. While there, I met some friendly gentleman in the aisle and we talked a bit. He told me of another good store nearby and how to get there. It was on the way home but in the "woods" in the middle of nowhere. Just a block building with a solid metal walk door. The facility was anything but impressive. I was shocked when I walked in and saw bullets and powder like I've never seen it stocked in a retail store. They had a LOT of 4 and 8 pound containers of powder as well as the usual 1 pound sizes of everything under the sun. If I didn't already have a very good selection at home, I would have had a field day there.

The owner said he is a reloader and tries hard to serve others that reload. I told him I'll be back one of these days and start buying stuff from him. He also had presses, cleaning equipment, dies and everything under the sun in this unimpressive little block building. Nice friendly older gentleman owned the place. I thought it was amazing what a little field trip could do and just being friendly with a guy in the aisle of another place kind of "in the woods". No hazmat fees when buying retail and their prices were competitive in both places. 馃榿

Premium Member
I didn't have much to do today so I drove to a nice sporting goods store about 70 miles south of town and I bought a couple of pounds of CFE Pistol. While there, I met some friendly gentleman in the aisle and we talked a bit. He told me of another good store nearby and how to get there. It was on the way home but in the "woods" in the middle of nowhere. Just a block building with a solid metal walk door. The facility was anything but impressive. I was shocked when I walked in and saw bullets and powder like I've never seen it stocked in a retail store. They had a LOT of 4 and 8 pound containers of powder as well as the usual 1 pound sizes of everything under the sun. If I didn't already have a very good selection at home, I would have had a field day there.

The owner said he is a reloader and tries hard to serve others that reload. I told him I'll be back one of these days and start buying stuff from him. He also had presses, cleaning equipment, dies and everything under the sun in this unimpressive little block building. Nice friendly older gentleman owned the place. I thought it was amazing what a little field trip could do and just being friendly with a guy in the aisle of another place kind of "in the woods". No hazmat fees when buying retail and their prices were competitive in both places. 馃榿
See there SG, ya just gotta get out and spend more time in the surrounding area. :p

Premium Member
But the big question, did he have primers???

I've been on the hunt for some CCI #41's for a while, no luck within 100 miles for months now and with the hazmat plus the ridiculous shipping costs on top of "restrictions" on amount you can purchase and already crazy prices, I refuse to order primers online.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts