Firearms Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't really have any trophies except for my first deer and a 25" trout that I caught in North Georgia. I have a few racks laying around, but nothing big. I've killed a couple really nice hogs, but most of the time I just shoot the 75-125lbers. This year has been a bad one for me though. Two weeks left in the season and I got my first deer this morning, a 130lb doe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Big Bull Moose

I don't know if many of you hunt moose but here goes. All I got to do this year was watched a small bull moose walk in front of my blind about 200 yards away, but here in Canada you need to be drawned a tag to shoot an adult moose, if you don't get a tag you can only shoot a calf. So I got to look but not shoot.
On the other hand one of my cousins who had a tag for another unit here in Ontario shot this beauty. 67" rack on this thing and a whole lot of steaks!

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
I don't hunt trophies. I hunt MEAT!

Translation- I haven't shot anything worth bragging about :)

I shot a decent sized white tail (doe) last weekend. 180 yard shot with a Contender carbine in 7-30 Waters. It was a quartering shot that entered just behind the shoulder an exited the opposite ham. However, even though it completely destoyed the chest cavity it didn't harm any meat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.