Post up your 870/1100!

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by LotzORemmies, Dec 31, 2009.

1. LotzORemmies

LotzORemmies New Member

Heres my 870 project. Pretty much just tactical stuff right now. These pics don't show my red dot, or my barrel shroud, but you get the picture. I'm looking for a longer barrel with chokes that can be changed out as the only barrel I have is straight through. My hope is that with all the right furniture, that this can be my "do everything" 12 gauge. Looking for a nice wood stock set too. Anyways, Lets see what you're working with! Modz too!

Attached Files:

2. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I've only got this crappy picture of mine. It's got a 18" barrel with rifle sights (it also came with a longer vent rib barrel). I just love it. I didn't add anything but a shell holder.

[​IMG]

3. LotzORemmies

LotzORemmies New Member

So what exactly are we looking at in the last pic?

4. jbshoots

jbshoots New Member

bought it new in the box so i'm keepin it stock. good gun just like it is.

[​IMG]

5. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

Workhorse

[​IMG]

my duck gun/home defense gun/slug gun/coyote gun/trap gun.

6. Ram Rod

Ram Rod New Member

Sorry. It's the Wilson Combat magazine follower. I actually found it on EBay. If you knew what the factory follower looked like, you'd know why I changed it. Wait a minute....................
    Here's the factory flimsy plastic follower that I feel needs replaced with something more substantial. If you own one, you'll know what I mean. Whenever I obtain a firearm of any sort, there's just some simple things I have in mind, and that includes being the most reliable I can make it. Why you ask don't all firearms come exactly the way we want them to be from the start? Well, there are a few short answers to that question, and I'll highlight them. #1...it's not a perfect world. #2...if it came the exact way we wanted them, then they would be too expensive and then we wouldn't have enough. #3...you've got to realize that every manufacturer leaves a door opened for aftermarket manufacturers....one feeds the other at the bottom line.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can crush the factory orange follower with two fingers and it's thin. Imagine that with a fully loaded magazine under spring compression and the spring working it's way around the follower or worse yet, the follower folding up sideways in the magazine tube. I'm not saying it will, but like I said.......I depend on my firearms to get the job done, and none of mine have ever let me down in the field. I just do what's necessary to feel the utmost confidence in all that I have. What's a $5 part worth in the long run?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  7. LotzORemmies

LotzORemmies New Member

haha. Funny thing. I have yet to do anything with my 870 other than put it in the safe, but being that I bought it used, I decided to crack it open and see if the follower had been upgraded. AANNTT. stocker. You weren't kidding, this thing must be made by frito lay.

Also, how do you like your side saddle. I'm looking to get a six shot. What brand is that one? Ever tried a speed loader?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  8. Ram Rod

Ram Rod New Member

Tac-Star side saddle. I think they have a few options. 4-5-6 rounds if I'm not mistaken. I chose the four...good balance, and overall, it makes my 870 express a ten rounder. I like nice round numbers.

9. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I guess I could consider my 1906 Remington Model 11 a Tactical shotgun if that is what everyone calls a Matte Black shotgun. The only other Remmy I own is my 870 TB trap shotgun. The others are a Browning BPS and a Savage 520. All are 12ga.

[​IMG]

10. Ram Rod

Ram Rod New Member

Tactical is in the mind. Not found in what others think about our choices, and not found in pictures.

11. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Sorry Ramrod,I couldn't resist! It just cracks me up with all the tactical crap that everyone buys,and the majority of it serves no purpose other than more junk to put on a gun that will do nothing but set in the corner and collect dust the entire time most people own them.

12. LotzORemmies

LotzORemmies New Member

With a tactical setup/home defense setup, the hope is that it does collect dust, but if the need arises, you have a tactical shotgun thats fully ready to defend your family.

And don't be a hater! Most of these 12's have multiple setups so that one gun can do the job of three or four. Therefore saving some hard earned dinero.

13. LotzORemmies

LotzORemmies New Member

You do have a nice collection though.