Post a photo you have taken, any photo (Part 2)

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LT2108, Jun 17, 2014.

1. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

At the dells

Attached Files:

2. primer1

3. Wildcat_Hillbilly

Wildcat_Hillbilly New Member

The lizard in the photo has lived in my shop for so many years I couldn't count them. I don't know if it's the same one or how long they live but it sure looks like the same one. Half the time I try to look up an Ohio reptile I get told I can't be seeing what my eyes are seeing. I've looked at multiple lists of Ohio lizards. It looks a lot like the eastern fence lizard but not exactly like the photos I've seen. Maybe there are just a lot of sub-species and this one is not that common. Maybe it's just lived long enough to get fat and ugly (like me). They say the eastern fence lizard lives less than 5 years. This one has been hanging around a lot longer than that. But they also say they don't really know how long it lives. I just know he's been hanging around on that door a long time. He doesn't even run when I open the door any more.

4. Wildcat_Hillbilly

One more. This is a supercell storm forming over Kentucky. This is often how one of those mile wide tornados start. This one only produced a big storm.

[​IMG]

5. primer1

I'm in northwest Ohio, and the only lizards I've run across were the black slimy ones under rocks and leaves.

6. Wildcat_Hillbilly

Yeah the eastern fence lizard only lives in southern Ohio.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Those aren't lizards, those are salamanders.

8. deg

deg Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

WOC, if it had been a dry sunny day you'd have like seen some cool looking lizards at the Shoot, very colorful; there are lots in that country, along with scorpions and tarantulas, I just saw some on Friday, should taken a picture....

9. winds-of-change

Oh, man. I would love to go 'hunting' on that land. With a net or a camera, though. Are those critters also where Balota lives? Lizards and arachnids kind of make me happy.

10. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Go out to the Oklahoma panhandle (when you move down here) and you can see horned toads too. And dinosaur tracks.

11. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards. Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Got plenty of spiders in the attic I think...

12. RKB

RKB Well-Known Member

The only good arachnid is a FLAT one.

13. Wildcat_Hillbilly

I like this photo. Notice he has his dinner in his beak. This is a northern mockingbird BTW.

[​IMG]

14. Wildcat_Hillbilly

I forgot this. This is a closeup of what's on the menu for this mockingbird.

[​IMG]

Here's another meal.

[​IMG]

15. RKB

RKB Well-Known Member

State bird of Tennessee. I can see why, I have a bunch of them in my yard.

16. Wildcat_Hillbilly

There's nothing quite like a mockingbird. They are endless entertainment. They are amazing at their ability to mimic other birds and things like car alarms. I have them in my yard also. I wouldn't change that for a second.

17. winds-of-change

I agree. Though there are some that like to sqwauk at night.

18. Wildcat_Hillbilly

Yeah I have some right now that sing all night long. I never knew a song bird to do that before this year.

19. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I passed this driveway in the country today. Country people are welcoming. :D
    ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1435710763.044878.jpg ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1435710842.472868.jpg

20. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1435714538.152991.jpg

4 kayaks so everyone can go their own way.............$1110.00
    4 life jackets so everyone makes it back to shore....$ 170.00
    6 pack of lite beer for daddy.......................................$ 9.89

2 1\2 hours of fun on a pristine Virginia lake where you see your teenage boy and girl smile, laugh, and play for the first time this year, while I can break away for a evening beer on the water.....PRICELESS!!!