Firearms Talk banner

9141 - 9160 of 9284 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
I keep looking at the E bikes... all kinds of great applications. Even for bug out, easy to pack a few hundred watts of solar panels to charge.
I dig your style.
I recently bought a regular fat tire mountain bike for riding the trails around here and for backcountry hunting- the National Forest here in Maine and NH doesn’t allow anything motorized.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I keep looking at the E bikes... all kinds of great applications. Even for bug out, easy to pack a few hundred watts of solar panels to charge.
I dig your style.
I still run around with my first one a prodeco 36v the range has decreased after 8 yrs but this one has a 21 ah 48 v battery, but a extra battery costs almost as much as the bike

·
Administrator
34,291 Posts
9C12A008-316F-4087-A9B5-853A3DB54313.jpeg
9C12A008-316F-4087-A9B5-853A3DB54313.jpeg
I grow sprouts in mason jars and micro greens in small containers in my kitchen. :oops:
It’s a E lux Tahoe electric fat tire View attachment 235772 View attachment 235774 bike with the Rambo hunting trailer my wife’s is a giant mid drive.The 12 ga.was a neighborhood watch joke
This is my ride.

·
Premium Member
11,050 Posts
Went for a walk yesterday and found this shed antler. About 1/2 mile from home. View attachment 235700
I'm seeing a few knife scales, and some rodent and dog chew toys there.

And one decent excuse to do some scouting, closer to home, to see where he beds down, because I would love to find out if that's from the build to his peak, or if he just passed it. Because if he's 3.5 to 5.5 years, next years rack should be better, but 6.5, it's coming up on time to cull him from the herd.

Young, let him contribute to the gene pool for a few more years. You'll end up with better shooter bucks in the long run.

That was the problem with where I hunted in NY. Too many hunters taking button bucks, and 3.5 YO, or less bucks, so decent racks were rare, even when you planted high protein food plots. In order to see the benefits from it, you have to let the deer make it to about 5 to 6 YO, and let them breed, so the next generation of bucks, also reach that level.

Otherwise you get spikes, and 6 pointers, with no mass.

·
Premium Member
11,050 Posts
View attachment 235784 View attachment 235784
I grow sprouts in mason jars and micro greens in small containers in my kitchen. :oops:

This is my ride.
We have my mother in law's. A friend built a trailer to go behind it, and the wife sometimes uses it, to head down to the piers, to go fishing, in the summer. I use it at times, to fo to the small farmer's market in the park, or the little neighborhood grocery store, on days my half foot isn't affecting my ability to pedal.

And yes, even with the orthotic, it does affect it. Had to add those foot cup style pedals to it, for me to use it. One of those wonderful things they don't tell you, before they cut parts off. Like phantom limb.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
We have my mother in law's. A friend built a trailer to go behind it, and the wife sometimes uses it, to head down to the piers, to go fishing, in the summer. I use it at times, to fo to the small farmer's market in the park, or the little neighborhood grocery store, on days my half foot isn't affecting my ability to pedal.

And yes, even with the orthotic, it does affect it. Had to add those foot cup style pedals to it, for me to use it. One of those wonderful things they don't tell you, before they cut parts off. Like phantom limb.
I’ve been accused of being lazy but since both of my knees were replaced I had to quickly replace my regular bike so I could still hit the trails
3CCB1978-1FA9-43C5-8F8B-D1FEC8D7BA65.jpeg
AFDE4749-E202-4632-B524-F8DDA23417C6.jpeg

9141 - 9160 of 9284 Posts