9101 - 9120 of 9281 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
SORLANDT
The Norwegian training ship. From memory, built in 1920s, approx. 180'.
She was built as a trainer for young sailors. Served in that capacity her whole life except during the nazi occupation when she was used as a bunk ship for submarine crews. Had to be completely restored following WW II.

I got to see her once at a tall ship sail in. There were tall ships from all over the world and I was berthed right in the middle of them. The Argentine ship Libertad was right behind me.

·
Registered
315 Posts
SORLANDT
The Norwegian training ship. From memory, built in 1920s, approx. 180'.
She was built as a trainer for young sailors. Served in that capacity her whole life except during the nazi occupation when she was used as a bunk ship for submarine crews. Had to be completely restored following WW II.

I got to see her once at a tall ship sail in. There were tall ships from all over the world and I was berthed right in the middle of them. The Argentine ship Libertad was right behind me.
You are correct sir. It was a real treat to watch her sail into port as we were leaving Bridgetown Barbados. Also in port that day was the 225 passenger clipper ship Royal Clipper of the Star Clippers Line.
IMG_0259.JPG

While touring the island of Bonaire we saw the 350 passenger schooner Wind Surf as she was sailing into port.

IMG_4065.JPG

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
That's a pretty chicken!
Chickens are some of my favorite farm animals! I had six or so laying hens for a few years in the early 2000's. Always had one that would run to me to be carried whenever I headed for the barn.

ellis
These specific ones have been laying non-stop till now, I would get roughly close to 20 eggs sometimes more in 2 days. But now with the cold and all, it’s less and less now. Which is a good thing because we got so many eggs in the past few months, we had to give some away to friends, family members and neighbors lol.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
I found quite a bit of ammo cleaning out my truck View attachment 235498
Jeez, you'd better never drive to DC or Maryland! You get 3 years for that!
About 6 years ago there was some poor schmuck who got his car searched in DC and they found 1 rifle round in the passenger compartment. Jail time.
I never followed up, so I don't know the final disposition of the case but I'm sure the guy spent at least some time in jail and a pot load of cash to get out.

9101 - 9120 of 9281 Posts