Firearms Talk banner

8781 - 8800 of 9155 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,700 Posts
Dango, I was checking out your area online the other day and in the photos there was one taken from that very spot!
There are about 5 fire towers within 2 hour's drive of my home . This is the Sceneca Point tower about 3 miles from me . It was about 2 hours after dawn with the fog slowly burning off

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Reactions: SRK97 and dango

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
You still haven’t. That is a low mass subsonic round, which has the same case length as a 22LR, but is slightly shorter due to the smaller bullet.

BB Caps are shorter than 22Short, at just about a third of an inch (0.343) overall.
I thought CB caps just meant that there was no powder

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
The CB Cap, (stands for Conical Breech Cap) and BB Cap (stands for Ball Breech Cap), are very short at 1/3-inch. They are also loading the same bullets on standard short, and long rifle cases so that they can be loaded into a magazine fed firearm. The picture BullMoose posted is of the long rifle case length. I don’t know if they have a tiny bit of powder in them or not.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
The CB Cap, (stands for Conical Breech Cap) and BB Cap (stands for Ball Breech Cap), are very short at 1/3-inch. They are also loading the same bullets on standard short, and long rifle cases so that they can be loaded into a magazine fed firearm. The picture BullMoose posted is of the long rifle case length. I don’t know if they have a tiny bit of powder in them or not.
No powder

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
I vaguely remember back in the early 1970s in Maryland a hunter shot a deer that had a large hunting knife embedded in its head right between the eyes. All the way to the holy.. It had apparently been there a long time as the skull had healed around it.
There was a photo of it in the paper.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I vaguely remember back in the early 1970s in Maryland a hunter shot a deer that had a large hunting knife embedded in its head right between the eyes. All the way to the holy.. It had apparently been there a long time as the skull had healed around it.
There was a photo of it in the paper.
That’s incredible

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I've gotten into a couple knife fights with deer but one hasn't run away with my knife yet... yet
Reminds me of the Borat sketch from “Da Ali G Show” where he goes to a canned hunt on a ranch and makes the guy pretend that he killed the antelope with a knife- while the guy thought imply that would be on video

8781 - 8800 of 9155 Posts