Firearms Talk banner

8761 - 8780 of 9155 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,181 Posts
Clearly that is the top end of a 6 cylinder diesel, but what are the black things sticking up? My diesel tractor engines don't have them. And what is the flat piece of steel hanging over it?
They're spark plug tubes.
The flat piece of steel is an upper radiator hose bracket, there's a piece missing that I take off to do valve adjustments.

·
Premium Member
3,441 Posts
They're spark plug tubes.
The flat piece of steel is an upper radiator hose bracket, there's a piece missing that I take off to do valve adjustments.
Allright I am confused, what engine, in what vehicle. I have seen some old tractors that started on gas and switched to diesel, they didn't have those.

·
Premium Member
10,181 Posts
Allright I am confused, what engine, in what vehicle. I have seen some old tractors that started on gas and switched to diesel, they didn't have those.
It is a Cummins engine and it is an ISX.

It's just natural gas not diesel.

The diesel ISX is an overhead cam engine, these are pushrod engines.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Walking out of the pit last evening. Yeah I have a high powered flashlight that illuminates the brass very well...:D:D:D

52DDCC1E-69C9-4941-A2E2-EA3957E15B82.jpeg

With a flash and zoomed in a little.

0679B73F-1264-442E-B124-ED3462C9D73A.jpeg

·
Premium Member
10,181 Posts
Cinder, nice wolf?
That's The boyfriend's apartment, he loves wolves, it's a sculpture. There was a red husky wandering around somewhere when I took that picture.

Reactions: dango and boatme98

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
Dango, I was checking out your area online the other day and in the photos there was one taken from that very spot!

8761 - 8780 of 9155 Posts