Post a photo you have taken, any photo (Part 2)

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LT2108, Jun 17, 2014.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I’m having a crazy day today. First, the above trivia question which had me laughing. Then, I had a Dr appt at 10:15 and PT across the street at 11:00. The doctor appt went over so I cancelled the PT and rescheduled for 2:00 today. So I had to go back home and drive another 10-15 miles back later today. We got a new Chick-Fil-A in town and Balota hasn’t eaten there. So I told him I’d bring Chick-Fil-A home for lunch. The restaurant is in a busy shopping area. So I turn off on the road to the place, enter the drive through and find it interesting the chicken sandwich isn’t the first option in the menu. So, I order two chicken meals, drive ahead, pay. I’m waiting for my food and see a sign in the window that says 100% pure beef used. Again, curious at a chicken joint. When my food and drinks are handed to me, only then do I realize I’m at Whataburger. After being ticked off, I started laughing. So, I’m driving home, giggling. Then I want to change out my CD and I can’t remember for the life of me how to eject the CD from the player. I wanted to put in an Elton John CD but noticed I pulled out an Eric Clapton CD. They both start with “E”, right? When I get home, I told Balota to keep a close eye on my as I am having a very stupid day. In a bit I have to head out into the wild world to go to PT. Who knows what I’ll be listening to in the CD player.

Caveman Jim, ellis36, dango and 3 others like this.
  2. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Seems the older I get , the more days I have like that . The good part of that is my cardio . It's a ways between my shop and upper bedroom . I forget things so many times my health is only getting better . About 15 trips up and down two stair cases , 2 1/2 hours later on that " 15' minute job and I'm as healthy as a mule . "Daniel" great choice Winds , one of Elton John's better tunes !

3. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

The boxes are then aliabor part Son. Pop one off, and enjoy it, as you still have the other two. Just make sure it's a shot size you use to hunt.

Come up my way sometime. They can't move it around here, so most places still have NOS, that's only bought when someone buys a shotgun that shoots like a 30, but carries ike a.12.

The only way it would sell here is, if someone released a 16 ga tactical shotgun.

Option 3, WHO.

Two of us at the shop have daily trivia calendars, and we have a game we play daily there, with the prize for the most correct answers, each week, get their names placed.in a hat, and drawn at the end of each.month. The prize us a 3 day weekend, Friday or Monday, off, in the month and week of the employee's choice, with pay, and one of us covers their work that day.

Latest winner. Hose today, as it is his anniversary, and his daughter's birthday, so I covered his work, and mine, today. We also sent his wife flowers at her job, today, and gave them a gift card, to order out, on us.

And yes, we emailed and texted the daily trivia, when the shop was shut down, with different prizes, from a free 6 pack, to gift cards for groceries, and a couple Hello Fresh trial subscriptions.

Yes, our customers keep us going, but our crew is the heart of the business, that keeps them coming back. We make damn well sure that they know they are not just a number or drone, but a vital part of the family.

dango, primer1, ellis36 and 3 others like this.
  4. dango

image.jpeg image.jpeg Got up bright and early to overcast sky's and these guys about 25 feet from my back door !

5. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

Dango Nice! if you put a feeder out there, you'll be set for deer season.

dango and Rifling82 like this.
  6. dango

Right at the tree line back there is something growing that deer make a daily stop all the time . I've gone back there and snooped around and found mint , clover and a hundred other plants I don't know what they are . So much traffic back there looks like a foot path .

boatme98, PANDEMIC and Rifling82 like this.
  7. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

8. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 3.11.34 PM.png

9. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Not the best picture, but it's not to often to see a humming bird perched. IMG_20200811_185840192~2.jpeg

10. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

My baby for 30 years. She went to heaven early this morning. I’m gonna miss my baby so much. C2F1A531-3D7B-48A5-BEFD-E03ED8AAC266.png

kfox75, Caveman Jim, dango and 3 others like this.
  11. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm very sorry to hear Towboater

dango and towboater like this.
  12. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Hang in there . Prayers sent.

13. pagj17

pagj17 Well-Known Member

Oops.

Attached Files:

14. pagj17

pagj17 Well-Known Member

This was a fun night.

Attached Files:

primer1 likes this.
  15. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Towboater, I’m so sorry. Please remember all the good times. Are you near family that can support you?

16. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm so sorry, Towboater!

ellis

17. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Damn Tow, I’m sorry

18. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Sorry for your loss.

19. dango

There are no words I can possibly say just pray God lessen the burden .

towboater and Rifling82 like this.