Possible Virus Alert

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by danf_fl, Dec 21, 2013.

1. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I received an e-mail (addressed to a lot of people besides me) from Amazon with a reference to an order I supposedly made on Dec 9. The invoice number was also in the Subject line (how did so many people get the same invoice number?)

There was a *.zip file attached (I did not click on).

Just be careful before opening any files as attachments to unsolicited e-mails.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Especially this time of year. The attacks are greatly increased. Target is a good example.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

3. Bootsdeal

Bootsdeal New Member

I received a notice from Yahoo to change my email password this morning because of a possible security issue, which I did. When I opened my mail, I had over a hundred failure notices of emails that didn't get sent (I did not send them), so something is going on. Sure hope Yahoo stopped any potential danger. I'd hate for someone else's computer to get hacked because of something that looks like it came from me. I haven't been on any dangerous sites at all. The only thing different is that we're now out of state visiting relatives, so wonder if this somehow caused a problem. I did use 2 different hotel wifi on the trip.

4. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I received the same email. But I do not use Amazon. So I deleted it. I figured it was someone fishing to steal identities.

5. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

If my Anti-Virus says DO NOT OPEN, I don`t open !...............

6. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

I received a bunch of those for a couple of days. The subject line had a “=" mark in front of the word “Amazon.”

Needless to say, these are not to be opened!

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

We have to use a little more than just an Anti-Virus.
    The malicious are coming out with new things all the time. That is why there are so many updates.

My antivirus did not detect (I never have e-mail down loaded to my computer).

I reported it as spam and let my ISP determine action to be done.

8. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I have the pane preview disable.

I read the quick description line, if I do not know who it is from, the email register as SPAM.

I check the SPAM box; once in awhile an email will be sent to it by yahoo; but, it is few.

Besides having antivirus and firewall on; also, have Malwarebytes running.

9. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

I use Bitdefender Internet Security, best there is !...................