Possible noob question ..

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Down_Town_Dalton, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Down_Town_Dalton

Down_Town_Dalton New Member

I just picked up my new xdm 5.25 in 9mm.

I loaded a full magazine (19) rounds and with the slide closed insert the magazine. However, it did not seat properly. I kind of forced it in and then began heard shells rattling in the magazine. If I inserte the magazine with the slide open, it went in with no problems. Any advice? Thanks in advanced

2. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

What you describe is normal. The full mag is pushing on the bottom of the slide, that's what makes it hard. The mag rattle is normal too.

3. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

How/when does the manual say to insert the mag?

4. Down_Town_Dalton

Down_Town_Dalton New Member

Okay great thanks, I was a little concerned at first lol

5. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

If to ever load an AR mag to full cap and insert it with the bolt closed, you get the same thing.

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

DTD, my XDm40 does the same thing. normal operation of the pistol. even tried all four magazines and all of them did the same. mine functions perfectly.

i don't know if someone makes aftermarket mags for the XD and the XDm or not, but all of mine are OEM SA mags.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

almost all double stacks do that. the reason its prone to happen in some guns is the spring pressure is changing the bullet angle when pressed on the slide. when the mag is loaded there is a bit of room created and you get the rattle.

its normal.