Portable Loading

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Bucksnort, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Bucksnort

Bucksnort New Member

I got this idea from a member of another forum. He sent me the plans for it so I made one.

I attach this bench to the folding stool in the photo or to the corner of the desk you see in the background. I kept my first press, an RCBS Partner Press, which is what is attached to the bench, if you want to call it a bench.

The setup is ok for sizing/de-capping/priming handgun cases but isn't sturdy enough to do larger rifle cases. I can take this bench in my inside man cave, watch the Dallas Cowboys lose a game then work on some handgun cases. It works well.

Most spent cases will hit the trash can. I have a lube pad mounted in the center (the white object). When I mount it on the stool, I hold the stool steady by wrapping a leg around one side.

Attached Files:

2. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I use the LEE hand-loader in much the same way. Repetitive tasks

which don't require a lot of exacting work.

3. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I have my press setup so I can mount it on my bench vise. I don't load much anymore and this way the press is stored out of the way until I want to use it and then it is just a matter of a few seconds to clamp it in the vise.

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I use a Dillon 450, a Lyman Orange Crusher and a Redding Ultramag, so I'm confined to the work bench. But that's never been a problem.:)

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I also have a Lee hand loader. I am planning on putting a traveling setup together in my camper. It would fit in one of those small plastic containers you can get at Walmart.

It is nice to have a full sized press for rifle cartridges though. You can reload them on the hand press. But they can be a little tough.

6. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo New Member

I mounted an Inline Fab quick mount plate on a folding table so I can mount my press at the range. Works well, was inexpensive and allows me a lot of options for mounting other gear on both my reloading bench AND my portable setup

Attached Files: