Pork and applesauce

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by BeyondTheBox, Mar 19, 2013.

1. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

So my idiot, know it all, ahole dad started yet another argument with me over something absolutely meaningless,moronic and inconsequential, but I thought I'd test his theory.

Anybody else think pork and applesauce isn't this great combo that is impossible to dislike?

Or am I truly the only one in the world as he claims?

2. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Mixed together or kept separate? Sometimes I will order applesauce instead of a salad but never as part of the main meal, which would be the pork, potatoes, and maybe some vegetable.

3. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Well his way is as same course. I mean don't get me wrong, I can always eat applesauce as a dessert if I'm still hungry, but specifically because it compliments pork, hardly. However he eats it with the pork, dips it sometimes even.

4. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

At least one vote with you here.

5. Macncheese

Macncheese New Member

I think it's a pretty good combo. I dip it in but it depends on the eater I guess.

6. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

First off , you pose this to a man that eats dirt....and....likes it ..!
    Pork and apple sauce..? Sounds great to me and , yes , you may be the only one..? :confused: :D Oooops , Two..!..?

7. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Matter of taste matters nothing to my pops, it's not allowed.

8. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

A toast ? Cup-O dirt on me..? :D

9. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Not Gunna lie, I almost never understand you.

10. nosaj

nosaj New Member

2013-03-20-00-20-08--616192674.jpeg

Alice has a.mean recipe for...."pork chops and applesauce....."

11. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

That is a German thing. I have been on jobs in the upper Midwest where that is very common. Apple sauce, stewed apples etc. with pork is served very often. Being a westerner I like pork and green chilies. :)

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I think pork chops and applesauce go together. Would I start an argument because someone doesn't like it? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Don't fall into the trap of arguing with your Dad over something that doesn't matter. Walk away from it. Why get so upset over something so trivial?

BYB, I agree. But that's what makes Dango so much fun. :D

13. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Oh I don't get upset, ever, but he does off the handle and becomes extremely Defensive in an offensive manner if anyone Durant agree with him on something. It's quite intriguing actually...

14. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Applesauce and porkchops? Separate yes, together no. Definitely not the best food combo ever.

15. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

16. steve666

steve666 New Member

I like pork, fried, roast, or even boiled!!! And while I like applesauce cake, I am not a big fan of just applesauce whether it is with pork or not.

17. willshoum

willshoum New Member

What the hey............

Cajun coonass apples [ turnips ] goes with pork. I use to have a hankering for bread and butter with apple sauce. I'd say that was dessert if you cook chops with apple sauce...............Let me look into the old bible cook book and see what they say.............:)

18. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Turnups? Civilized people only eat the tops, the bottoms are hog feed.;):D

19. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Let's take a historical perspective.

Hog slaughtering time was traditionally in the Fall of the year. After the swine had had time to fatten on summer's bounty. Most apple varieties ripen in the Fall.

There has been a tradition of serving pork and apples together for a long, long time. I for one love the combo.

To Hell with all you food heathens!!:D

20. willshoum

willshoum New Member

the civilized world.............

the same can be said of the potato and the tomato, turnip greens as is mustard greens good for the colin, are worse. thats why we call these hole openers.........lol......Some folks loves thier turnips raw, but will not eat them cooked...............And you for got cattle feed, when the turnips are no longer fit for human consumption....... Let them grow ..................Hows about a stuffed turnip recipe..................