Poor Bernie

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by boatme98, Feb 7, 2020.

1. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

No, not that one, Bernie Madoff.
    Bet you thought this was going to be political.;)
    The scumbag is trying to get out of prison after serving only 11 years of 150 year sentence.
    He says he deserves sympathy because he's dying of end stage renal disease.
    The turd had no sympathy for the myriad lives ruined to fund his families lavish lifestyle.

2. boatme98

My former boss, who was a Wharton graduate, was approached by friends who had been conned into his schemes to invest. He told them they're be sorry.:D

3. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

We had an inmate who was an M.D. before he hired someone to kill his wife. Nicknamed "Hamburger John", he assisted our prison physicians. He might be available to treat Bernie at reduced cost to taxpayers.

4. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

This is off topic entirely. A certain Civil War general got up from the wrong foot and wanted to stick it to the man. Do it in PRC, where it belongs. Plus you won’t have to deal with me, I don’t go there :(

But seriously, war is hell, have some respect for others in the Club House.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2020
    schnuffleupagus, ellis36 and locutus like this.
  5. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Bernie deserves to die in prison. Yep, Bernie initially refused to undergo dialysis.

BTW: It seems that Bernie took care of certain folks, some of his investors got filthy rich. The federal appointed trustee has confiscated their earnings. About 75 percent of the money has been recovered.

"According to the Madoff Recovery Initiative website, www.madofftrustee.com, court-appointed trustee Irving Picard had distributed more than $12.9 billion to Madoff's many victims as of Jan. 24. The trustee had reached agreements or recovered approximately $14.3 billion as of that date as well."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...lease-due-terminal-kidney-failure/4672816002/

towboater, ellis36 and W.T. Sherman like this.
  6. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

if you have certain people on Ignore this thread makes no sense

in my experience, if I take someone off ignore, I see why I ignored them in their next post

towboater, locutus, Mercator and 2 others like this.
  7. Mercator

I’m ok with the early release. Dying of kidney disease is like a slow lethal injection. Worse than any prison sentence.

Also. Madoff deserved his sentence. That said, nobody had been forced to invest with him. Nothing can ever be guaranteed by a hedge fund. People took (or should have taken) a calculated risk. He let them down big time, because he was crooked. Then what about funds that collapse due to reckless, incompetent management? Nobody goes to prison, but the material outcome is the same.

I think the victims were in part responsible for what happened. I’m responsible for losing money on the principal because I trusted the wrong guy. (True story, fortunately on a much smaller scale)
    If someone wants to fool me it’s MY job to look out for me. The old fashioned American way.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    towboater and locutus like this.
  8. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

If I see a serpent on the trail, and walk right past him, it's not completely the snake's fault that I got bitten, when he turns out to be a rattler..

Mebbe so, I shoulda looked a little harder.:eek:

9. crash11049

crash11049 Well-Known Member Supporter

10. boatme98

11. Mercator

You're not dying, obviously. Your post says he is. If he isn't, then there is nothing to discuss.

Oh and boat, he will have Medicare if released. Either way the govt pays. I don't see a release for simply starting on dialysis. Other people know what you know. Let's see what happens.

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  12. Mercator

Crash,
    No, you made this up. Nobody is denied a kidney transplant because he is incarcerated.

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  13. crash11049

No I did not make it up, I never said he would be denied a transplant because he is incarcerated.
    You should reread what I posted, not make up in your mind what you think I said.
    He stole Billions no not millions but many Billions of dollars.
    I don't know about you but I have a few dollars stashed away just in case.
    You don't think he has a few million stashed away,or has friends that lined there pockets with his ill-gotten billions?
    You don't think his lawyers would use this to get him out?
    If he did have a chance for a transplant in prison, would he take it knowing that he would no longer get released?
    Hmmm... Lawyers a conman and billions of dollars, yep nothing could be wrong with that outcome.

And Boat my thoughts and Prayers are for you, I wish you the best.

ellis36 and alsaqr like this.
  14. Mercator

Sure he’ll take it, unless he is tired of living. I did read your post. It says he would get in front of the line for transplant, if released. If you meant what I read, it is simply not true.

15. crash11049

I am sorry you are absolutely right, I am wrong.
    Money never gets you to the front of the line for anything.

16. Mercator

Crash I know a little bit about the system. It is centralized and monitored. In theory money can help, but not for Madoff, he is a marked man, and probably insolvent anyway.

17. crash11049

just to remind everyone here that in most states their is a place on the back of your auto license, for organ donation.
    Checking that box allows you to give the gift of life to another in need.
    I don't think when you die you will have much need for them.

boatme98 and alsaqr like this.
  18. crash11049

No you must be right a man like him would not be able to find enough money or want to be in any way involved in something like this.
    yes the system is centralized and monitored, but only for those that follow the rules.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/may/27/kidney-trade-illegal-operations-who

There are many more stories like this, just search the topic this is the first I found.
    I would look for more...but it sickens me.

19. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

There should be a butt-load of kidneys coming out of China PDQ.
    They're not affected by the coronas are they?