Poly framed revolver?:eek:

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by DarinCraft, Feb 12, 2010.

1. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I am not really a revolver type guy, mostly because I can't shoot one for crap, but I was browsing Taurus' site today and saw these. Taurus Judge Polymer

I know they make semi's with poly frames, but a revolver?..it just seems to go along the lines of a polymer 1911 in 9mm or a .22 cal conversion for your 50 cal.

I don't know maybe I'm way off.:confused:

On a good note, I did see these Raging Judge, .454 Casull, .45 Long Colt and 3" .410. Now if I can figure out a way to get one in CA.:mad:

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Search here for some actual user experience with a Judge.

The Ruger LCR has a poly & aluminum frame...

3. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I know there are a couple of guys here that have the Judge. I would love to be one of them, but they are illegal in CA...so I can't have one.:mad:

4. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

Any stressed part of the LCR is aluminum, only the fire control housing is polymer. On the Taurus and the S&W bodyguard, the whole thing is polymer.

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Just traded mine away....it SUUUcked

6. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I've heard nothing but bad things about the older ones pretty much they weren't good for anything. However, the ones that I linked to with the 6" barrel would be great for hunting. Magnum slugs or 454 casull with that barrel length should be pretty good to about 30 yards.

7. 30-30remchester

30-30remchester New Member

In my opinion ANY plastic gun should be taken back to the Walmart toy department it came from.

8. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I had this very same opinion for YEARS... still do to some extent. I dislike Glocks and most other Tupperware autoloaders. However, I do own a Ruger LCR, a Kel Tec P3AT, and a Ruger P345. These serve their purpose well, and don't look too Wally World.