Poll Taken on Gun Laws After Aurora

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by TekGreg, Jul 31, 2012.

1. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Poll is here.

This news is significant, but it also underlines the fact that more needs to be done to attract new shooters and educate those who don't wish to shoot, but listen to the news.

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

It's showing that more and more people are realizing that the gun control laws that have been enacted are not working.

You can only cry wolf so many times before folks tell you to STFU. After every single one of these shootings gun control advocates bemoan the need for stricter regulations and tougher laws.

You never hear of them calling for stricter or tougher punishments :cool:

3. opaww

opaww New Member

What I have found about polls is they are like a_sholes everyone has one and they all stink. I can make any poll say what I want it to.

4. KalashnikovJosh

KalashnikovJosh New Member

Whats important to me is that even the liberal media is being forced to reckon with the fact that gun control is becoming so unpopular.

Honestly,it puts a smile on my face.

:)

5. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

It's interesting that the "drive by" media interveiws one anti-gun professor, and never says a word about the other side of the question.

6. CourtJester

CourtJester Active Member

It's nice to see the needle pointing to our side but we really can't put too much faith in polls. 99% of the pollers twist those questions around to get the answers they want.

They stand out in front of an arts and craft store and ask only only a small number females, "Would you rather see psycho paths running down the streets shooting people or would you rather see gun restrictions to keep guns out of their hands?" and they call it complete.

98% of Americans polled agree with the idea of immediate fire arms restriction, tonight at 11.

It's far too selective to trust.

7. TekGreg

CourtJester, I believe you to be absolutely correct, which is why this poll is significant. This liberal polling company used mostly by the media attempted to get the answers the media wanted to hear, and you can tell by the "expert" they are quoting that they did not get the answer they wanted, no matter how much they skewed the question. This shows they have twisted their words as much as they possibly can and have no one left to "trick" to their side.

Maybe the American public is starting to see the light...

8. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Here's an idea, why don't we monitor nutballs with the fervor, money, and

restrictions which LAC gun owners are stuck with?

Or how about- instead of making these goobers instantly

famous, and plastering their name and picture all over the media,

I'm betting if their name and picture were never released, and they

were painted as the deranged psychos they are, without the fame or

attention from the media, then immediately tried, convicted, and put to

death, there would be fewer incidents of gunmen firing into unarmed crowds.

But they know they are going to be famous for six months, with

interviews, face and name broadcast worldwide, years and years of trials,

appeals and attention. Their life gets an instant upgrade, I'm betting

their food and clothing even improves, as they instantly become a

media darling.

9. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Greg, I think you are onto something here. Some of the Libs I know (they are more like left of center, not hard core nut bags) are starting to come around. Myself and a couple friends have taken out new shooters, many of them female, and introduced them to safe firearms handling and shooting. A good friend of mine is a HS teacher, and being in IL, we all know that many of the teachers here are hard core libs, but he has told me that many are coming around on the issue of firearms rights. People in IL are sick of Chicago running the whole damn state, I'm not even in the same county as Chicago, but yet the city makes many of the rules.

10. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Great line:

A liberal is just a conservative that hasn't been mugged...

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Our country has a "Right of Center" position on most political, economic and social issues.

Gun Control is a disease of both the extreme left and right wingnut fringes.

Attached Files:

12. TekGreg

JD1969, thank you for doing your part to educate! Imagine what would happen if everyone did what you did with just two non-shooters they know. The exposure alone would work miracles on this shortsightedness the media has on this subject.

13. TekGreg

Cane, I think you hit the subject right on the head - firearms ownership is the enemy of the extreme, no matter which way, as it forces governments to fear their populace and therefore serve the public instead of the politician's own personal whims. The forefathers intended the 2nd Amendment to protect the 1st Amendment and limit government, not be used for "Hunting purposes."

14. DogOne

DogOne New Member

that is an incredibly good point. Ill surely use that as a talking point in the future should the point arise.

off topic as it may be, i wait for the day that the news has to report that a man stopped a psychopath who brought an "assault weapon" to (public place) by illegally bringing in his concealed weapon onto (public place that dosent allow CCW). i wonder how exactly the media would treat that if it has not already happened. i already know they completely ignored the old man in the coffee shop in Florida 3 days prior to aurora.

how much more sensationalized, or de-sensationalized, would aurora have been if he killed 2 and injured 5 after a man shot back and killed him with his CCW he illegally brought into the theater.

15. locutus

Let's hope so. But with the far left, bitterly anti-American school teachers union controlling the brainwashing of our kids in the classroom, the future sometimes looks kinda bleak!:mad::mad:

16. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

polls can be skewed to get the results one wants to find to support their claims. a lot of it has to do with demographics and the polling questions and how they are asked.

gun control laws have failed, and they always will fail. simply because those they wish to control, because of their very nature never played by the rules in the first place, the criminals! now if we can get the criminals to adhere to the gun control laws, then maybe gun control laws might work.:rolleyes: but as they are criminals because they failed in the first place to abide by the laws, must we assume that passing more laws will make them start abiding by the new ones? damn, that makes my head hurt trying to chase that notion around. sounds almost like a dog chasing his tail to me. the only person ever controled is the law abiding citizen, because he abides by the law.

simply put, until there is massive overhaul of how criminals are dealt with, they can pass a new gun control law everdy until doomsday and it will never have the outcome they want to happen and that is stopping criminal acts. stiffer and stricter penalties and punishment for criminal acts is the first step. making a prison a place they will not want to return to for a second engagement rather than the country clubs many of them are now. take away good time served. if a man is convicted and he gets ten years, he serves ten years of hard labor. work him from sunup to sundown hoeing a field, chopping brush, stamping license plates or making products for schools and such. many criminals simply don't fear going to prison a second time, much less the third or fourth either. until we change how criminals are dealt with, there is not anyway that there can be a change in the criminals mindset.

17. locutus

How about hanging from a gibbet n the town square?? :p:p:p:p

18. vincent

vincent New Member

Friend, you've posted this same vid in half a dozen threads today...ENOUGH ALREADY...we get it. You're preaching to the choir here...just sayin'