Poll: Shooting off the interstate.

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by clr8ter, Apr 3, 2013.

What should the cops do?

Poll closed May 3, 2013.
  1. This is a totally cool thing to do.

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. This is a dumb thing to do, but oh well.

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. The cops should read them the riot act, and let them go.

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. The cops should push further, and fine or arrest, as allowed by law.

17 vote(s)
    60.7%
  1. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Regarding the recent story involving a couple of guys who crossed the border into NH, and pulled over to the side of Interstate 93, went into the woods and started shooting BACK TOWARDS THE HIGHWAY. They were a reported anywhere from 75' to 90 yards off the road. People in the neighborhood heard the shooting and called the cops. They were not at any kind of a range. Got arrested, guns taken, ect. It's causing quite a pissing match, on another forum. I'm interested to know what people here think.

And a question, which not one person over there would answer: Would you, knowing this was going on, willingly drive by that spot?

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Too close to shoot toward the road. Were they on private property without permission?

If planning to hunt/shoot near a road, set up with the road behind you, don't shoot that way.

In LA you may hunt 50 feet from the center of the highway, but common sense says you don't shoot towards the road.

Exception, South Dakota allows pheasant hunting in the road ditches on secondary roads. Look both ways before you shoot. :D

Oh yeah, watch the safety zones near houses.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

No..................

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Appropriate charge would be Felony Dumbass. Maybe plea bargain it to Stupid in a Smart Zone, or being IIP (Idiot in Public)

5. lfcshooter

lfcshooter New Member

Totally irresponsible. No excuses.
    Anyone with an ounce of common sense would shoot away from the road.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lmfao. Who voted yellow?

7. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Some people are too damn dumb to exist.

8. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

9. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

This is a quote from Bryan Sola, one of the four arrested, per a site called AutoInsane.

"Totally blown out of proportion!we had a perfectly suitable backdrop and there was no danger to the motorists at all. Manchester police just need to remove their heads from their asses!"

10. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Mr. Sola fits my definition of a true ignorant, arrogant dipsh!t.

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

just because some people have the right to own firearms, doesn't mean they should own firearms!:mad:

seems as these men were short in the common sense department.

and to answer your question. if i knew this was going on, no way in hell! and i would be one of the first to call LEO's to the scene.

12. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Yellow? Who voted "It's a totally cool thing to do?"(Red)

Anyway, it appears that the people here are way smarter than on that other thread. Congratulations to all!

13. langenc

langenc New Member

Were you there???

14. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I'm pretty sure he wasn't. He's basing his comment from the guy's comment, and he (locutus) is right. IMHO. Regardless of the situation, this is a bad place to shoot. I live in the area, and have driven past there many times. There are NO FACILITIES there, and if you are counting on the berm that the highway is on to stop any stray bullets and keep you from hitting cars, FAIL!FAIL!FAIL!