POLL optics for Ruger Charger

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by cpttango30, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Burris Speed Dot 135

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Burris 3-12x36mm pistol scope

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

OK I am looking at sneeking a ruger charger into the safe with some of my tax money. I am looking at getting the Red and black stock model. Now I need to figure out what optics to go with. Burris speed dot 135 or Burris 3-12x36mm pistol scope.

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

If you're wanting absolute precision, you'll be dissatisfied with red dot sites-go with the conventional scope and turn it down until you get used to it or are shooting from rest.

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I have shot the 3-12 burris a few times. A buddy of mine has a herd of remmy xp-100's all with 3-12 burries scopes on them.

I am still up in the air I have a red dot on my Neos and it is a blast. But yes accuracy is not the worlds greatest. But they are so much funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

4. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

I wouldn't choose either, I'd get a Green Laser...when properly set up they're more accurate than the Red Dot & faster target aquisition than a scope.

Not to mention WAY LIGHTER!!! :D

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I don't care about weight. Your talking to a guy that takes a 17# rifle deer hunting.

6. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

You must get money like we get snow.
    Those are quite expensive, no matter who you are.
    I chose red dot. 1. for price 2. quicker aiming.

My $.02
    Dont spend it all in 1 place, please. ;)

S.S.

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Hey just trying to do my part to keep the econ going.

This all may get put on hold if I can't get my computer working right. I may be dropping all my gun money on it GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I am a techie but I am gunny first.

in fact I am repartitioning my laptop as we speek and installing a new OS on 10 other laptops and doing home work for stats.

8. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

go watch "PUSH" at the theatre for a nice example of how well green light lasers work :)

It's nice to be able to put a dot on something quickly and pop it.

But to be honest, unless you are shooting it from a supported position where you can use the bipod, accuracy ain't going to be particularly great.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

If I get a green laser I want one of these.

[​IMG]