Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Burris 3-12x36mm pistol scope

Votes: 6 66.7%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
13,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I am looking at sneeking a ruger charger into the safe with some of my tax money. I am looking at getting the Red and black stock model. Now I need to figure out what optics to go with. Burris speed dot 135 or Burris 3-12x36mm pistol scope.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
If you're wanting absolute precision, you'll be dissatisfied with red dot sites-go with the conventional scope and turn it down until you get used to it or are shooting from rest.

·
Banned
13,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're wanting absolute precision, you'll be dissatisfied with red dot sites-go with the conventional scope and turn it down until you get used to it or are shooting from rest.
I have shot the 3-12 burris a few times. A buddy of mine has a herd of remmy xp-100's all with 3-12 burries scopes on them.

I am still up in the air I have a red dot on my Neos and it is a blast. But yes accuracy is not the worlds greatest. But they are so much funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I wouldn't choose either, I'd get a Green Laser...when properly set up they're more accurate than the Red Dot & faster target aquisition than a scope.

Not to mention WAY LIGHTER!!! :D

·
Banned
13,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't choose either, I'd get a Green Laser...when properly set up they're more accurate than the Red Dot & faster target aquisition than a scope.

Not to mention WAY LIGHTER!!! :D
I don't care about weight. Your talking to a guy that takes a 17# rifle deer hunting.

·
Registered
819 Posts
You must get money like we get snow.
Those are quite expensive, no matter who you are.
I chose red dot. 1. for price 2. quicker aiming.

My $.02
Dont spend it all in 1 place, please. ;)

S.S.

·
Banned
13,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey just trying to do my part to keep the econ going.

This all may get put on hold if I can't get my computer working right. I may be dropping all my gun money on it GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I am a techie but I am gunny first.

in fact I am repartitioning my laptop as we speek and installing a new OS on 10 other laptops and doing home work for stats.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
go watch "PUSH" at the theatre for a nice example of how well green light lasers work :)

It's nice to be able to put a dot on something quickly and pop it.

But to be honest, unless you are shooting it from a supported position where you can use the bipod, accuracy ain't going to be particularly great.

·
Banned
13,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
go watch "PUSH" at the theatre for a nice example of how well green light lasers work :)
If I get a green laser I want one of these.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts