Firearms Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Please don't take this wrong, but what sort of pedigree is required for this forum?
you have to be a Supporting Member to gain access to certain subforums here. it's easy to join, just $15 per year and you get unlimited PM space, bigger album and picture files, and even a cool FTF decal. just PM Notdku and he can set you up.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
you have to be a Supporting Member to gain access to certain subforums here. it's easy to join, just $15 per year and you get unlimited PM space, bigger album and picture files, and even a cool FTF decal. just PM Notdku and he can set you up.
Not to mention too. Support for a great and knowledgable forum of members. ;)

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Zombiegirl said:
I think I am reading this question different than the others......
Yeah I know what you're saying. Kinda an odd selection of wording. I think the answers received are probably in everyone's best interest on this one.

·
Administrator
26,177 Posts
William- as far as pedigree, most of us are mutts.

To explain a bit- we are-first and foremost- a GUN forum. Politics was an afterthought. HOWEVER, some time back, we had problems with what have been called "grenade throwers".

These were people that joined, had no interest in guns, derived pleasure from "driving by" a thread, tossing in a grenade, calling names, flaming people- in short- trolls. Then they were gone. In some cases, we found they were doing this on several unrelated forums.

To get this under control, Admin decided that certain parts of the forum- notably Politics- would be limited to supporting members. Not many grenade throwers would pony up the $15 to start a fight.

There is no restriction or limitation on your political views in order to join- other than posts of a deliberately bigoted nature, insults, name calling and flaming others. THAT may result in a visit from my good friends, Vito, Guido and Nunzio- or a time out to learn some manners in dealing with others.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As I said don't take it wrong, but as far as I'm concerned politics and guns go hand in hand. If you aren't familiar with my postings some might think I'm being a smartass and sometimes I can't argue that. But more often than not I use sarcasim and humor just as often making fun of myself. I try not to take myself to seriously. But I am passionate about politics and the way it impacts our lives. I would like to join soon. Its killn me not being able to sound like a know it all on your political board.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
c3shooter said:
William- as far as pedigree, most of us are mutts.

To explain a bit- we are-first and foremost- a GUN forum. Politics was an afterthought. HOWEVER, some time back, we had problems with what have been called "grenade throwers".

These were people that joined, had no interest in guns, derived pleasure from "driving by" a thread, tossing in a grenade, calling names, flaming people- in short- trolls. Then they were gone. In some cases, we found they were doing this on several unrelated forums.

To get this under control, Admin decided that certain parts of the forum- notably Politics- would be limited to supporting members. Not many grenade throwers would pony up the $15 to start a fight.

There is no restriction or limitation on your political views in order to join- other than posts of a deliberately bigoted nature, insults, name calling and flaming others. THAT may result in a visit from my good friends, Vito, Guido and Nunzio- or a time out to learn some manners in dealing with others.
My friend works with a lady called Big Mama WooWoo. When people act up, he sends her their way. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts