Political correctness

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Chester, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Chester

Chester New Member

How many of you consider political correctness the way to go?
    As for me I consider it the downfall of our way of life, I think if we give in to other nations way of thinking our way of thinking will soon be history. I do not support protecting the koran from jokes, ridicule, or distruction.We all should support the AMERICA LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT mentality, that means love it for what it is or leave it cause you can't make it what you want it to be. I couldn't care less for being careful not to offend (if i offend you i'm not sorry) I was not put on this planet to live up to your expectations just as you were not put here to live up to mine !!!!

IF ANY OF THIS OFFENDS YOU GET OVER IT AND GO ON
    I'd really like your thoughts on this

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  2. kris

kris New Member

agree

aussie. **** off ,were full

3. Zappa

Zappa New Member

The REAL downfall began with the 19th amendment.
    Women comprise 54% of the population and 80% of them always vote for Democrats. With the odds stacked so much against us, how could you expect us NOT to become a wussified nanny state..........:mad:

4. BLS33

BLS33 New Member Supporter

Well since it seems we like live in a society where political correctness is in place maybe you should leave? That is what that logic says to me at least.

I think political correctness does have some place in a civilized society, without it I could see a lot of bad things happening. I mean a lot of people would be very offended if Christianity was insulted or if the U.S. itself is insulted so should we only be politically correct about things you care about?

5. Chester

Chester New Member

In todays world insulting Christianity is no big deal, It's the other religions we have to worry about offending.No one worrys about insulting America, they burn our flag and we're suppose to turn a blind eye,(do nothing about it). So BLS33 what should i care about that has not already been insulted?
    My son is at gitmo, What happens if he decided to spit on the koran? What happens if a prisoner spits on the bible? What bad things do you see happening without political correctness? This nation didn't have it until recently.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  6. GlenJohnson

GlenJohnson New Member

I saw a posting where some "Student's" out in California raised the Mexican flag above the American Flag, which was upside down. They were having a real party about it, and nobody did a thing to stop it. I've seen where they decided out in Berckley, where they decided to kick the recruiters off campus. They think it's ok to take money from the government, but not have the recruiters on campus. PC is the least of our worries anymore. Whether or not I tell an off color joke is nothing compared to who is allowed in the country. :mad:

7. Chester

Chester New Member

Mr. Johnson your correct, At what point do WE THE PEOPLE do something about it. Last i heard every person who joins the military swears an oath to protect the constitution against all enemys foriegn AND DOMESTIC.

8. BLS33

It isn't politically correct to call someone a racial slur, so if no one exercised political correctness tons of people would be offended all of the time. That seems counterintuitive to a civilized society.

I don't think social mores that dictate sensitivities to specific groups are inherently bad. I agree that we are an overly PC society but imagine you having a kid in school who is having trouble grasping a subject, he keeps getting all sorts of questions wrong and the teacher calls him or her a retard, are you ok with that?

9. Chester

Chester New Member

NO Sir, I'm not OK with that. I'm also not ok with racial slurs, It's my opinion every person should be treated with some degree of common respect. Maybe your getting common courtesy confused with political correctness.

10. BLS33

Political correctness (adjectivally, politically correct; both forms commonly abbreviated to PC) is a term used to describe language, ideas, policies, or behavior seen as seeking to minimize offense to racial, cultural, or other identity groups.

11. Chester

Chester New Member

And what do you propose to stop other cultures from disrespecting us.

12. Samhain

Samhain New Member

I agree, it's like whats on the radio or TV, if you don't like whats on turn the channel.

There are several channels in spanish & BET? (Black entertainment television)
    The country would be in an uproar if someone came up with WET (white entertainment television)

I don't care about these channels, I can't understand spanish so I don't watch, don't like BET so I don't watch.

13. Chester

Chester New Member

Not sure what your agreeing with, does this mean if anyone doesn't like the president we're about to elect. we can pretend our life is not affected? Hide our head in the sand, pretend it didn't happen. If all i'm saying bothers you change the channel

14. fapprez

fapprez New Member

I believe that political correctness has gotten out of hand from the stand point that our integrity has been compromised. Lady Liberty used to be a big redneck girl with a 12 gauge. If you didn't like the way she did things you either got a face full of Redman or pepperd with bird shot. You were either with her or against her. There was no in between.

Now, things are so far out of whack, she has been reduced to a timid 16 year old on the first day at a new school. She has totally forgotten who she was and tries to agree with everyone in hopes that someone will like her. It seems like she is willing to let anyone make her decisions, as if almost afraid to stand on her own.

I am only 29 years old, and in my short time of actually paying attention to what this country has made decision wise, I am ashamed of what we have become. What is best for our country has taken a back seat to which party can win more seats in congress. The election campaigns remind me of the mid day soaps my mother used to watch when I was a child. I find myself more and more comparing it to an episode of "Springer". It is a circus anymore.

This is not the country that our Grandfathers and Fathers fought for. This is not what our fore fathers had in mind when the told England to stuff it. The Constitution has been twisted so much that the Constitution is unconstitutional. We let the UN tell us what we can and cannot do. We may as well have never even had the Revolutionary War. We are our own country but we take orders from everybody else. Politicians switch sides so much that even they have no clue what they stand for at the moment. "We need a wall between us and Mexico." I agree. Quit talking and build the f***ing thing. I have nothing against Mexicans, Puerto Ricans or Cubans, as long as they our in this country legally. I don't care what church you go to, which God you pray to. That is your right as U.S. citizen.

If we must take advise on how to run our country, maybe we should look to our neighbors to the north? I mean, we don't hear about massive amounts of Canadian illegals. Why? Because they don't come here. Well, with the exception of their Florida winter home.

I believe that we are but one election away from going from a democracy to a dictatorship. The people of this country have come together in the past to fight and die for what they believed in. Maybe it's time for a good old fashioned revolt?

15. Chester

Chester New Member

WELL SAID Fapprez, When do we take our nation back.

16. bkt

bkt New Member

Political correctness is just another means by which those who hate America are trying to tear it down.

But the question above is difficult to answer. Apathy and ignorance seem to reign supreme among the electorate. Parents are too lazy or stupid to recognize P.C. bullsh!t in their children's schools and speak out against it. Voters are enamored of the idea of "free" this and that without thinking that We the Taxpayers will pay for it all.

You want to put an end to political correctness? Wake up the people. 9/11 didn't do it. Personally, I doubt anything stronger will wake anyone else up.

17. GlenJohnson

GlenJohnson New Member

You want to wake up the people? Try taking weapons away! (Why did they quit showing the towers being hit off the TV screens? To upsetting, yeah, it is. That was the point, idiot!) :mad:

18. Samhain

Samhain New Member

Your are so right Fapprez.
    It's going to take a "good old fashioned revolt"
    to straighten our country out.

19. Samhain

Samhain New Member

off Chester's civil war rally topic for a min....

I believe this country is turning more to a dictatorship.

Chester - you make a good point about the koran and this country's laws.
    Our prisons are over full of people serving life. I say exicute them!
    Why should tax payers pay for there life? We need to be more like other countries.. if someone is caught stealing, cut off there hand!
    If one takes someones life, there life should be taken. There would be a lot less crime in this country if the punishment was more severe.

20. fapprez

fapprez New Member

I agree 100%. The problem with this lies in the fact that there are to many bleeding hearts out there that would shoot this propsal down at the ballot box. After all, that man who raped and killed your wife is still somebody's son/ husband/ father.

I am a faithfull believer in the old "By Sundown" routine. Anyone sentenced to life should either be put to death within 12 hours of a conviction, or be sent to the front line wearing a bright red shirt with "shoot here" written on the pocket. Should he survive half a tour, throw him in BDUs and let him do a tour and a half more. Then he has earned his freedom. If he screws up again, he's left with 12 hours of life. All sex offenders over the age of 21 should be flogged in public. Just my nickels worth.