Polished internals and feed ramp!!

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by doc2009, Mar 3, 2012.

1. doc2009

doc2009 New Member

Need some Advice...

I want ya'lls opinion on this.. i got a buddy who polishes weapons and he is offering to do a polish job on some of the internals and the feed ramp on my xd 45 4" and also replace the springs for the trigger without doing a complete trigger rebuild. I'm poorish what can i say i aint got the money to drop in a whole new trigger assembly. Do you think this is a good idea?:confused:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Sure----IF he knows what he's doing -----

3. doc2009

doc2009 New Member

He's a certified gunsmith and i have seen some of his work on Glocks and it looks good and no one has complained about anything going wrong with their weapons..How much better is it to have internals polished vs stock?

4. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I'm of the opinion that one should leave feed ramps alone unless there is a problem to be addressed.
    Polish, deburr the internals, should be fine.
    If it's a carry gun, I'd probably leave the springs as they are. Aside from that, no problem.
    I've not done anything to my XD40SC, but shoot it. I can't really say how those changes would impact it.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I am a strong believer of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Is there a problem now? What responsibility will your friend take if a problem develops later?

Metal is easy to take off, but a little hard to put back on.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

im also of the opinion to leave it alone unless there is a real problem. even then i would send it back to springfield first.

7. doc2009

doc2009 New Member

Thanks for all the great advice i really appreciate it. got alot to research before i decide to do this