Polish Handguns..

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by MilSurpShooterNH, Apr 12, 2011.

1. MilSurpShooterNH

MilSurpShooterNH New Member

So I've been thinking of getting either a Polish P 64, or a Wanad P 83. A friend of mine told me that I should stay away from both. He says that the recoil on both are terrible and that they are not very reliable. Is this true? what are your experiences with either? Also, I've been looking into old CZ's like the CZ 82, 52, and 70..what can you tell me about those? Are they good for CC? That is my main point for buying one, I figure if they were used by the military and police, they have to be decent. Any help is very much appreciated, thank you.

2. towboater

towboater Active Member

The CZ82 is a great gun for the price. Best bang for the buck. It is small enough for easy cc. It is kinfa heavy due to being all steel.
    I buy my ammo online. Much cheaper that way.

3. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

The P64 is a great gun. It does bite your hand a bit.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

I recently picked up a cz-52, but it was more for curiosity. It fires a fairly small, dang fast projectile, and their decocker has a bloody reputation. On the upside, it will be tons of fun at the range (for me) due to the availability of ubercheap surplus ammo (1200 rounds for about $120+shipping).

5. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I'd go with a CZ.
    I have a CZ 70 and it's a good gun, I know .32acp isn't the best defense round but the 70 is great for a CCW. I have shot the CZ82, it's a good gun but has very snappy recoil.

6. towboater

towboater Active Member

The CZ82 recoil can be lessened with a heavier recoil spring.

7. zebramochaman

zebramochaman New Member

IMO the CZ-82 is one of the best values on the market today. I bought mine last year from SOG and it arrived in fine condition. It cost $190, came with a holster, two 13 round magazines and other accessories. On top of that it is a C&R gun so I was able to have it shipped directly to me without having to go through one of my FFLs.
    The ammunition is readily available and is relatively cheap. For me it points naturally so I get very good results with it at the range. I am really considering picking up a couple more while the price is still right.
    The only negative is that extra magazines are very hard to find.

8. MilSurpShooterNH

MilSurpShooterNH New Member

Okay, thank you for the input so far. A friend of mine has the CZ 82 and I've shot it a few times. The recoil wasnt too bad to me, it was a little snappy though, I've been looking at the CZ 70 a lot lately, and have really wanted to try one. As of right now though, I think I'll be picking up a CZ 82.

9. budman46

budman46 New Member

felt recoil on 9mm maks is due to their blow-back operation. locked-breach, recoil-operated firearms like 9mm's and bigger attenuate recoil via barrel movement.

10. orangello

orangello New Member

{cough, cough} {choking on the dust}
    ;)

11. G23LCPK45

G23LCPK45 New Member

I'm panting over a CZ...then; what is "bigger attenuate...movement?"

12. towboater

towboater Active Member

I like the CZ82 so much that I now own 5 of em.

13. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

i think he means the 9mm and larger caliber recoil operated guns use the barrel movement to help soak up recoil

14. G23LCPK45

G23LCPK45 New Member

I was confused; I though the physics was handled by the spring. The language made me want more explanation.

15. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Try buymilsurp. and sarcoinc.(dott Komm):)

16. budman46

budman46 New Member

G23LCPK45,

sorry, what donthav1 said...much better!:eek:

17. budman46

budman46 New Member

towboater,

5 cz82's...i can see it.:D mine slaps my trigger finger pretty hard, how about yours?

18. 9026543

9026543 New Member

Love the 9mm Makarov round. Have a CZ82, a Polish P83 and a PA63 all chambered in 9x18.

Also have a CZ52. That one is a hoot to shoot and especially after dark when you can see how far it spits fire.

19. towboater

towboater Active Member

No slap here. I really enjoy shooting the CZ82. Very tempted to get another or two...:D

20. budman46

budman46 New Member

towboater,

experimenting, i shimmed the rear of the trigger with adhesive backed material...much improved, so i'll do something a bit less bubba...or maybe not!:D

i like the 9x18 too. two p-64's, a bulgy mak and a cz82.

two more czechs, a cz-52 and .22hornet cz527 rifle. the czechs are superb designers and craftsmen, with a big influence in world arms over the years...