Police to pose as burglars in the middle of the night

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Gojubrian, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Police to pose as burglars in bid to cut break-ins | Mail Online

Could you imagine this in Texas? :eek:

2. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

So what's going to happen when one of the officers get hurt because a citizen protected themselves/family/property against what is a perceived threat? Or is that illegal as well?

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Yes in England it is wrong to protect your family. They would be looking at years and years of jail time.

Sorry I don't care where I am if you are in my house with out my permission I am going to hurt you and hurt you bad. Weather I beat you about the head with a baseball bat or golf club or I put 8 rounds of 185gr 45acp in your chest your going to be in bad shape.

4. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Yep. Amazingly enough I'm gonna agree with Tango. You're in my house in the middle of the night you better be my family (dog included) or a visiting friend/family member or the instincts take over. . . and they do.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Well, i guess this is step 2 after step 1 "disarm the public". It sounds like job security to me, keep them scared and thinking that they really need you.

I wonder, did they confiscate all of the shovels when they took the guns, because if this happened at my place, i'd be putting a shovel to use.

6. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Dumb....Dumb...Dumb...Dumb.... not only no... HELL NO! I'll take the days on the beach. :mad:

7. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

I believe that some UK residents are permitted to own shotguns although I suspect that using one to protect "only property" would get you in trouble there as I seem to recall someone being charged recently for doing just that. Then again dragging someone out of bed in the dark of night crosses the line between protecting property and self defense.

Whatever moron thought this one up should be retired immediately. It's a good thing we have a Constitution here that protects us from such nonsense.

8. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Damned dip sh!t *** backwards as it get!

9. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

It's a good thing this is only happening "over there."

Here in Nevada, if someone rattles my bedroom door (it's locked when I go to bed), there will be a full magazine (17 rounds) of 9mm going through that door, at just above doorknob height....starting at the hinges because that's the direction of my front door down the hallway which is where whomever is rattling the doorknob will want to go. Why just above doorknob height? Average male height makes that center mass. But if it's a midget, it'll be a head shot....:rolleyes:

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Silly boy! Backhoes are relatively inexpensive, quick, and save so much of that backbreaking work of disposing of idiots. Just check construction sites on long weekends.

11. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

That is one of the dumbest ideas I've heard in some time.....sounds like a good way to get yourself kill/hurt.

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Tell the Queen to bugger off!

13. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Hey! Great idea. It used to be the thing when the mob ran Las Vegas. I'll bet there are plenty of "missing persons" in some of the foundations of buildings here. Not to mention that we have a lot of empty desert around us. Plenty of places to get rid of those pesky accidents.

14. orangello

orangello New Member

LOL True! I guess i'm just old fashioned. :D

Of course, i have always wondered how much an insink garbage disposall will handle. ;) I wonder if the RotoRooter guy ever pulled up a jawbone?

15. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Sheer stupidity and quackery.

16. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

You guys realize this is from the Daily Mail, right? The British equivalent of the National Enquirer?

17. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Somebody will have to explain to their families why so many of us shot and killed their family members for breaking into our homes. This has to be a farking joke. The only thing I ask is that they bring the paper up the driveway and put on a pot of coffee before waking my *** up.

18. zhuk

zhuk New Member

ditto [​IMG]

Just because you can legally own a gun doesn't mean you can defend yourself or your home with it. Hell, we can have handguns (which are illegal in the UK) but can't use em for self defence.

She wouldn't listen, cane! Neither would there be any point...that's not the job of a figurehead monarch. Typically, like most places, everything idiotic that is done is down to the stupid Govt alone :rolleyes:

19. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

There a saying we have here in the States: "Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six." You Aussies are an independent lot, you may just appreciate the sentiment.

20. zhuk

zhuk New Member

I do indeed appreciate that sentiment, Jpyle!

Have often thought it might well be necessary if I ever have to confront an intruder and I take the grave (legal) risk of hitting them over the head with my special 'mountain-bike-handlebar-burglar-truncheon' :p There's a strong chance you'd be in deep sh*t for doing that...particularly if the criminal was unarmed.

But as for firearm defence...wouldn't be anything but a totally cut & dried case...it's illegality is assured, full-stop.

You'd go away for many, many years. And have every firearm you owned confiscated + your licence torn up, permanently :rolleyes: