Police make residents to take down national flag

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Davyboy, May 22, 2010.

1. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Check this out.

'Take down your flags' - Worksop Today

What has this country come to when we are forced to take down our national flag becouse it offends foreign immigrants. Soon as the kids are old enough I am out of here.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That is pathetic. Come to the States Davy. At least we're not quite there yet and there are many States that are still solid.

3. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Thanks

Thanks CA just need the kids to finish there education

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I understand. If and when you make the move, just stay out of CA, New York and D.C.

5. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Yep

Thanks have learned as much from you guys

6. murraywc

murraywc New Member

Sean Hannity reported a couple of weeks ago five students in California were sent home on Cinco De Mayo because it might offend the Mexican students. I never thought is would happen here. check it out.

Is Wearing an American Flag on Cinco de Mayo "Incendiary"? - Sean Hannity Discussion

7. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Davy,

You would be welcome in Texas...come on over.... even if you are British (I'm Irish don't you know :D) Oh hell, come on anyway I'll go the first round. :cool:

8. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Davy,

The immigrants need to just shut up and respect the national flag! The World Cup brings unity to the nation and the drinking of fine beverages!

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  9. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I don't see the problem flying the National Flag, the World Cup is probably one of the few times England shows a patriotic side. There should be more households flying the National Flag through out the year and not just on Big Sporting events.
    Same goes for over here, I don't see near enough Flags flying on Houses. They Seem to only come out on Holidays and times of tragedy.
    I would love for someone to come and tell me to take down Old Glory because the foreigners are getting upset.

10. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Respect

I totaly agree Shi when a nation loses respect for its own national flag it has lost respect for what was once a great nation. Like the USA we have welcomed immigrants for hundreds of years. It seems to be the recent influx believes we should change our beliefs to accomodate theirs. Yet try the same thing in their country you would be lucky to immerge with your life. I am not a biggot or a racist, however i am proud of my national identity and believe that should be respected.

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Once again, so glad to live in the country I don't know what to do. A few miles down the road, we have an older gent- a veteran, who erected a 20 ft flagpole with the Stars & Stripes. Problem is, he put it in the grassy 40 ft wide highway median in front of his home.

Crew from the local highway dept. visited him, and explained that nothing was allowed in the median that did not meet impact safety requirements- even road signs nowdays are made to "break away" on impact. So they lowered the flag, and dug up the flagpole.

Then they moved it over into his yard, 30 ft off the highway, dug a hole, poured a concrete base with a yard of concrete donated by the local ready-mix company, set his flagpole, put the flag up, and wished him a good day.

We took them pizzas for lunch. But you will never hear about THOSE guys in the news.

PS- Davy- we keep a Union Jack at our house- my lady flies it for Her Majesty's Birthday.

12. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Thanks Guys

I will be joining you soon. I just need to get the kids education completed and I intentd to move to USA I have spent time in Norfolk VA and Houston TX would be happy to settle in both.

13. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Unfathomable, but we colonials are working on it.
    The only problem is that when the backlash manifests itself, it very well may rival what Obama's mentors did. Yes, I said that, and "Yes", there most likely will be violence. Obama's reach-around to that f-ing in charge of Mexico has put me on notice as to where our so-called POTUS stands, and I am definitely on the other side of the fence. Barry Soetoro does NOT stand for America, and I am now on record as not recognizing his authority. The president is officially an enemy, domestic. He needs to be exposed, denounced, voted out, and excoriated for his treasonous behaviour and statements.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2011
  14. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

If you're coming to Norfolk, I'll be your point of contact.

15. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Davy you need to move to Oregon. The weather here in Astoria is just what you get at home. I know I lived over there for 3 years and its all the same.

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

IF you move to VA let us all know we can plan a big *** VA NC what ever meet and greet and welcome you and yours in a proper way. Good food COLD BEER and lots and lots of spent ammo........

17. mcramer

mcramer New Member

i have a feeling that the country is headed in the same direction

18. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

Stay the hell away from New Jersey too, we're only a couple steps from UK gun laws here!
    I wouldn't mind moving to Texas or Arizona myself!

19. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Bloody ridiculous, Davy!

Reminds me of how the Aust flag was banned from a music festival here on our national day (Australia Day) as the organisers likened it to a display of 'gang colours' which some migrants might find 'divisive' :rolleyes: