Firearms Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
It will vary from department to department. The most common sidearm issued to police departments are Glocks, with the model 22 in .40S&W being the most frequently occuring.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Perhaps if you framed the question something like "Does anyone know what firearms the Anytown PD is issued?"

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
For the Italian police Beretta 92 (9mm)
Some departments here in the states issue them. Although they are more commonly the variant of the 92 chambered for .40S&W. I forget the model number at the moment. Sparalesto are you allowed to have hollow point ammo in Italy, or are you limited to ball ammo?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Some departments here in the states issue them. Although they are more commonly the variant of the 92 chambered for .40S&W. I forget the model number at the moment. Sparalesto are you allowed to have hollow point ammo in Italy, or are you limited to ball ammo?
Beretta 40SWS model 96 Brigadier

In Italy and in Europe the hollow point are forbidden both for the citizens and for police and army.
They are prohibited for citizens only for the personal defense but not for sport.

Ammunition ball ammo (fmj) is allowed only.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Washington State Patrol issues H&K USP .40cal.

I must say that it is a great gun.

Kitsap County Sheriff's Office up here in Washington allows the individual officer to use his or her own weapon of their choice.

But as most people have posted, over 65% of L.E. and governement agencies use Glocks.

Just my .02

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nypd Uses S&w 5946, Glock 19, Sig P226 For Duty Carry.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Mayberry issues Smith & Wesson revolvers, but only issue one cartridge that they carry in their shirt pockets.

·
Banned
441 Posts
The Gendarmerie Nationale around here carry the Sig Saur 226, the Douane Gendarmerie carry S & W model 10's although they will be moving to Sig's.
My old force in the UK issue Glock 17's to authorised officers :) ..................

1 - 15 of 15 Posts