Police brutality

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by redscho, Sep 20, 2011.

1. redscho

redscho New Member

This is horrible, they never even read him his Miranda rights! The shame of it all. Police brutality at its worse! I wish I had been there . . . . . . . . to help pick up all the brass.

Red S.

TRAFFIC-STOP SHOOTOUT - WWW.THEDAILY.COM

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I don't have speakers. Did they kill the guy? What a fool.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Yep. Shooting at the po-po is generally a bad idea. They shoot back.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

5. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

I couldn't see the video, but if you're shooting at cops, I'm not going to hold any brutality against them.

6. towboater

towboater Active Member

The fool got what he deserved.

7. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

That was quite a bit of gun fire. Lucky no one else was injuried or killed. Driver got what he deserved though.

8. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Shoot at me, and I WILL shoot back!

I suppose THIS constitutes police brutality too?:rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG2M7er_txc]Centennial Bridge Shooting Dashcam - YouTube[/ame]

9. Vincine

Vincine New Member

In the first video it looks like he was killed after he returned to his truck and had stopped firing at the officers. I don’t know what he expected. I’m sure they were pissed off big time. I almost think it was suicide by cop.

I don’t know what to make of the second one. I don’t know it was such a good idea to let the BG get so damm close. I wish we could have seen the off camera action.

I think the first officers should have stopped shooting, and am at a loss as to why the second officer didn't shoot when the BG reached to grab him. Hindsight is cheap, but I am interested in what your thoughts are on these points.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  10. towboater

towboater Active Member

I looks like he fired his taser but missed.

11. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Taser?? Ah!

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

first video killing the goblin saved the taxpayers an @sston of money. dont have to feed and house the sob for the rest of his life.

second vid shows why tasers suck for anything but zapping little old grannies. the cop hit the perp and he swiped the wires away. taser are nice if your dealing with a drunk who can barely walk. but relying on one... no way.

13. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

14. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I don't disagree with the first shooting however if a bg shoots at one of us and turns to run away we aren't allowed to finish the fight.

The second one all the guy had to do was comply and stop being a dick.

The third one is truly sad but frankly that fella shouldn't have been a cop. I'm sorry but he was to afraid to shoot the *******. And I've heard it said on this forum many times if you can't shoot another person don't carry a gun. It shows how difficult it can be to take the life of another human being. Very sad.

15. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Unless it is satire I don't understand the posting. This guy got out of his
    truck and started shooting at the officer. The officer shot
    back multiple times. Where's the brutality in that? And I am
    the last guy to ever kow-tow any officer for pointless reasons.
    But this video clearly shows how officer was in the right.

16. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Several people have made several good points.

I think this is a good time to take an opportunity to realize just how unpredictable this sort of thing is. Every officer was, in my opinion, within their rights.

Video one, I think, was justified because the suspect still had a firearm in hand. Was he fleeing, yes, in a way. However, he was attempting to jump into a multi-ton piece of machinery which could just as easily kill you as a bullet. In the hands of someone willing to so blatantly shoot at officers, yea, that was justified. Not to mention what might have happened if he did manage to get away. Where was he headed? His ex-wifes to take her and his daughter hostage?

Its always a split second decision and its never going to be easy. If it was, everyone would do it.

Video two, officer simply made a bad decision. With someone that is clearly not intimidated by you and continues to ignore commands I am going to consider switching to a firearm in a hurry, especially at those ranges. Tazer isn't intended for point-blank use. (IMHO, one of the prongs missed him or was caught in the shirt as it was blown in the wind)

Video three, I hate that video. As soon as I saw which one it was I turned it off. Really gets me. Officer was clearly justified in what he did, although as was pointed out, he hesitated too long. On the flip side, officer would have caught some s*** if he was actually unarmed.

Here is an incredible website and even more incredible video. Be warned, the video isn't graphic, but it is very emotional... Reality Training: Lunsford Incident | BLUtube

17. safedman

safedman New Member

I don't think you actually think this police brutality...but if it was you or I we would go to jail. His back was turned and there was no visable threat at the moment he was shot and killed. Not judging the police actions...just stating facts and video shows. Did he get waht he deserved? Hell yes he did. My $.02
    :cool:

18. redscho

redscho New Member

It was satire, sorry, I guess I should have labeled it as such.

19. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

20. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Okay, you LEOs have a different standard then the rest of us. Got it. Or would civilians also be "allowed" to fire upon a armed felon in flight for the same reason?
    Yes, agreed.