Poison Frog Rounds??

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by GoBlue, Jul 9, 2010.

1. GoBlue

GoBlue New Member

So I'm watching this Discovery Channel program where they are talking about how deadly this poison frog neurotoxin is and stuff and how the indigenous populations in the Amazon use them to coat their arrows to make them guaranteed lethal.

Then I thought to myself, "Why don't we learn from this ancient practice?"

Would it be feasible to "paint" the inside of your hollow point rounds to make them a little more "potent"?

2. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Sure I guess, if mr. 230grains of warm an fuzzy isn't up to the task, might as well smear some frog juice on there to be safe.
    Of course you'd have to carefully handle the poison frog jizz while applying to the rounds, wear protective equipment while loading or handling ammunition or cleaning your gun, and then just hope and pray it doesn't run down and out of the barrel while holstered and seep into your bloodstream through your skin and kill you.........
    but other than those few minor issues, I think its a great idea.
    Where can I buy some frozen frog juice concentrate? No pulp please.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

My hand rolled .44 Rem Mags dubbed "Atom Bomb" by BILLYBOB44 seam to do the job without Reservoir Frog's Dust.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  4. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I just shoot 230gr. Unobtanium rounds and don't mess with that amateur stuff.

6. freefall

freefall New Member

Seems to me that painting your rounds with poison shows serious malice aforethought.

7. WDB

WDB New Member

Thanks for the hook CA up, Unobtanium rounds are hard to find here, who knew supporting membership had this this kind of network. I expect you got my PM concerning the aluminum magnet I am willing to trade for more rounds.

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Yup. PM returned.

9. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Do you ever swap recipes?

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Don't listen to these old guys they are way behind the time.

Now what you need to do and what I do is this.

I get the poison dart frog poison and puffer fish poison and I mix them in at a 1:1 ratio. Now that is a very potent double whammy right there. You then fill the hollow point with that combo and coat the tip with paraffin and beeswax to seal it in there. Now to make it look better and offer higher velocity coat the in copper gasket material and roll it in powdered graphite this will give you a cool looking black bullet and offer much more velocity because the powdered graphite is very slick.

good luck and stay safe my friend.

Mercy is for the week. John Kreese

This was in no way a serious post. Anyone who thinks of doing something this stupid should have not only his right to own guns removed but should have his junk kicked till it turns black and falls off. No wonder he likes the University of Michigan.....

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, I usually just take some VX nerve agent, and mix it with the lube I use on my handgun bullet. Leaves them twitching, with pinpointed pupils. :rolleyes:

The "poison arrow frog" toxin works MUCH slower than a good .45 ACP bullet. Ever watch a monkey shot with one? They follow him thru the forest, waiting for him to fall out of the tree. Me, I'm impatient- I want him to fall out of the tree NOW!

If you will excuse me, I have to get back to the lab. Working on casting some Plutonium Nitrate bullets for the .357. See, when you hit a hard surface, like bone, the plutonium gets compressed beyond critical mass, and the tiny little core of berylium acts as a neutron donor.....:cool:

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

You turd!! I was Rickrolled!!! :mad:

:D

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I'm sure BILLYBOB44 won't mind me divulging his mix hell, he gave it to me and you guys know how well I keep secrets!

He calls this the Atom Bomb and follows the name in all caps with, "HEAVY LOAD!" Will take out: Elephants, Most Small Cars and House Sections.

Cal: .44 Rem Mag
    Case: R P
    Primer: Wolf LP
    Powder: H110
    Wt.: 18.5gr (TAFFIN* pushes this out to 20.3 gr./H110)
    Bullet: Hornady 300 XTP #44280
    OAL: 1.598"

* Taffin Tests the 44 Mag

[​IMG]

Boy am I glad I replaced the S&W Target Grips with a Hogue Monogrip! (YMMV)

14. GoBlue

GoBlue New Member

You guys are cracking me up.

Seriously. This is the funniest thread I've read in a while.

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Is Fraser's Pub still rockin'?

I had my goin' away party there back in the '70s.

16. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

Cool pic, CB! Looks like the Crab Nebula! :D

17. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

If you know some Libyan terrorist you could give them a shiny case of pinball machine parts and steal their plutonium and then make bullets out of that. I would store it in a lead lined holster though.

18. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I can't believe you guys are not really taking this one seriously.

From my experiments, the heat from the expanding gasses crystalze the poison frog excretions. This led me to using a different frog. Those hallucinogenic frogs. The natives cook the excretions from those "LSD" frogs and then smoke it and then hallucinate. So, I put some of the slime from them in the tip of a .22 lr hp and sealed it with a thin coat of wax. I then shot the neighbors dog in the foot. (big dog, so don't worry :rolleyes:) I then monitored the dog's behavior for several hours. That damn dog started doing some crazy stuff and it even took some crayons and drew a funky mural on the wall. Needless to say, that "silly slime" is my new filler for my HP rounds since mercury is so hard to get these days.

Don't worry about the neighbors. I was taking care of their dog, house plants and mail while they were away on vacation, so they never knew. It is strange how the dog comes around more even when the neighbors are home.

19. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 New Member

My Atom Bomb..

I told Cane that he wouldn't want to shoot that Model 29 with those factory grips on-other than those "Sissy Loads", any TRUE .44Mag. load is going to hurt..
    Now, that load will not take out Cane's Caddy, but it WILL put most Imports in the ditch...:eek::p:)

20. joshfireart

joshfireart New Member

i shoot that same load in my 44 it will definitely wake you up and the neighbors too