Point shooting

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by BlindOldMan, May 9, 2011.

1. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Good afternoon, everyone...

This week I go for my point shooting class. Except for a few rounds here and there, I've never really practiced this. Any tips or suggestions that you can offer?

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

There's a "Point Shooting Class" down here??

Where? I gotta sign up.

Us point shooters are regarded as untouchables (;)) in the FTF Shooting caste system of social stratification.

Maybe taking this class (no pun intended) will elevate me to "Slumdog Millionaire" status.

3. Davo45

Davo45 New Member

Start with a .22

Just one...start with a .22, or better yet a CO2 powered Airsoft pistol it's a LOT cheaper than a 9mm or above. If you're in an area where you can shoot after dark, that's great.....easier to not cheat using a pistol w/o night sights. ;)

There was a recent report put out I saw on PoliceOne.com or Officer.com (can't remember which) researchers found that most LEOs involved in shootings didn't use their sights at distances closer than 15 yards, regardless of lighting. From 15 yards and further all of them used their sights.

4. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Heh.. I've been ostracized for calling my young, innocent Glock "ugly" :/

Here's the URL:

Pistol Class

Should I hand over the credit card info?

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

best thing is lots of 22lr trigger time mixing in centerfire to keep you hand in. im not sure one can be "taught" to point shoot since thats just another term for instinctive shooting. how can you be taught an instinct??

you need to develop muscle memmory and the only way to do that is by LOTS of shooting.

i think you are better off investing the money in some ammo. or investing it a class you get taught real pistol technique as in sight alignmet grip trigger squeeze.

the more practice you get the faster you get.