POF 308 [20 inch barrell]

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Rexman, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Rexman

Rexman New Member

Seriously thinking about purchasing a POF 308 [20" barrell]
    Have heard both good and bad things about this weapon system.
    Would appreciate any info or commentary you have to offer.
    Thanks
    Rex

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

First welcome to the board and swing by the intro section and tell us a little about you.

Not sure what a POF is a little more info would be a big help to all of us.

3. Rexman

Rexman New Member

Sorry:
    POF AR 308 with a 20 inch barrel
    POF.com

4. Yunus

Yunus New Member

He's talking about Patriot Ordnance Firearms. It's a gas-piston 308 very similar to an AR-10. They make a gas-piston .223 which is pretty much an AR-15. I have a friend with the POF 415 (223) and its a great gun. I did quite a bit of research on them and the company seems very good, anyone who ever posted about having a problem with their gun always posted later that POF took care of the issue quickly. That said the only problems I read about were on the 308's. A problem that popped up more than once was accuracy issues caused by the quad rail not really free floating or causing some kind of issues I really don't remember the specifics of it.

5. Rexman

Rexman New Member

Thanks Yunus!

6. RailCrafter

RailCrafter New Member

I recently purchased the 16" version. Beautiful rifle and very accurate. I was assured that the few problems they had in the past have been rectified. And the POF folks are always there to answer your questions. They stand behind their products 100%.

7. Rexman

Rexman New Member

Thanks RC. I am a former USAF pilot not too adept with these things yet.
    Own a couple of Galils and a fabulous AK-47 which are incredibly reliable and I am trying to learn as much as I can about a sophisticated new weapon system such as the POF 308. I would rather drop Mark 82's but since I can not do that anymore, the AR's are great fun.

8. RailCrafter

RailCrafter New Member

Rexman, I neglected to mention that the felt recoil is quite mild.