pocket watch or wrist watch?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by saviorslegacy, Jun 27, 2010.

1. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

Which do you prefer?

I own several old wrist watches, but here recently I decided to buy a pocket watch. You see, I like old stuff, old ideals and old ways. I think that we have went backwards and lost some stuff that shouldn't have been lost.

The pocket watch that I carry is a symbol to me saying that I prefer old ways.
    I still have a wrist watch for those jobs were reaching into your pocket to find the time or having a chain hanging on you is annoying.

2. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Wristwatch used to be it for me. But I haven't worn a watch since fracturing my left wrist 3 and a half years ago, and all my watch bands irritated the hell out of the scar where wrist was repaired. But my car has a clock, home and office have multiple clocks (phones, pc, cable box), and my Blackberry is my constant companion. So I don't miss my watch a bit.

3. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Wristwatches! Nobody wears a vest anymore.:D

4. bkt

bkt New Member

I own several of each, too, but I prefer a wristwatch.

But they're mechanical (automatic), not quartz. My every-day wear is a Tissot Seastar 1000. Got a nice Hamilton auto for dress.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I love my wrist watch. I got one hell of a deal on it too..... It is nice and heavy built like a tank and it was a great price from a great friend.

Cane I wear it every day.

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Wrist watch, still saving for a Citizens Promaster Carbon Eco Drive Chronograph Dive Watch!

[​IMG]

7. GatorDude

GatorDude New Member

Wristwatch for me!

I'd go with a simple analog wristwatch like my military-looking Timex Expedition watch. I suppose it is more Tacti-cool than tactical, but it's black, it has legible numbers, it lights up at night, it's cheap, and it fits me. I really can't ask for too much more...

Here is a review: Wristwatch Review: Timex Expedition Men's Analog Watch

8. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I stopped wearing a wristwatch after an accident a couple of years ago. Now I'm used to using my cell phone for timekeeping, but have a box full of expensive wristwatches (All mechanical, no quartz) that get rotated out from time to time.

Watches are an addiction almost as bad (good) as guns.

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

The Mod known as Canebreak is a watch collector as well.

10. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Pocket watch. I got used to wearing them because my job in the military did not allow me to wear a wrist watch for safety reasons. I never had a fancy pocket watch just a simple one but I like the style.

11. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Good to know. I don't collect watches, they just seem to pile up.

I read "Lucifer's Hammer" when I was about 10, and the only battery run watch I've owned since then is my Suunto that is strapped to my hunting pack because it has all the cool weather/atmospheric stuff on it.

A good watch is like a good gun. A nice piece of engineering.

12. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

I don't wear a wrist watch cause I like both my arms to weigh the same:D I have owned some nice wrist watches though.

I never got into the pocket watch theme.

I use my cell phone for most of my time keeping.

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

If you get a Ti watch they weigh almost nothing.

14. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Thanks for the shout out Tango, it was my pleasure.

My favorite watch is my Luminox F-117 NIGHTHAWK 6400 SERIES, it's one bad-azz watch!

[​IMG]

My everyday watch is a Seiko Big Tuna that I think Scubie wears.

[​IMG]

Another favorite is my Tissot Titanium T-Touch with compass, altitude, temp and chronometer:

[​IMG]

Another outstanding Seiko MENS CHRONOGRAPH FLIGHTMASTER PILOT:

[​IMG]

Tango has this watch in Black Face.

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Three of my favorite Citizens are my "old" Promaster Dive, a great watch!

[​IMG]

This unique left handed Citizen Diver:

[​IMG]

And my new NightHawk Eco-Drive, The future of watch batteries:

[​IMG]

16. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

It doesn't matter what kind of watch I have somehow I seem to be able to break them. I still get them from time to time though. AS long as they are not digital. I just can't stand a digital watch. Even the clock on my cell is set to analog.

17. bkt

bkt New Member

I like the "Orange Monster" Seiko, Cane. That's been on my to-buy list for a while...they're great watches.

If only there was someone in this freakin' area who was competent to work on a garden-variety 2824-2 I could get my Hamilton regulated.

18. orangello

orangello New Member

I use my cel for monitoring the time. I have considered a pocket watch as a keyfob, but haven't picked one up yet. I haven't really liked a wrist watch since college when i wore this HUGE seiko one of my dad's clients brought him from japan. I need to track down that old self-winding watch at some point.

19. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Wristwatch, worn on right arm due to it getting hung up on table edges etc when writing and worn lefty.