pocket size, concealed hammer revolver?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by juststartin5272, Jun 17, 2012.

1. juststartin5272

juststartin5272 New Member

Anyone have some suggestions of some pocket size concealed hammer revolvers other than the lcr and something with a budget pricetag in mind?

2. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

How about Charter Arms?

3. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

The charter arms bulldog comes to mind. S&W has a couple out I think that are good.

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Charter Arms is an American company mfg in the USA with a lifetime warranty on their firearms. Excellent company to deal with and they support shooting sports.
    http://www.charterfirearms.com/

5. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

If you don't like the LCR then you might not like the only other I'd suggest, which would be a j-frame smith, like the air light. I can't recall the price but can't be that much more than the others in that category.

6. juststartin5272

juststartin5272 New Member

I really do like the lcr but I'm considering a revolver as a backup gun and don't wanna spend what an lcr costs

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I understand how you feel but let me guarantee you if you can save a little longer and get yourself that LCR, you will be very pleased and have a very nice internal hammer revolver that will last you a lifetime. I sure wouldn't mind having an LCR, myself.

8. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Seems like everytime I look at small shrouded hammer 38's the S&W is always less expensive than the LCR.That's what I would get if I was on a budget.I even seen one for $300 used in 100% condition at my local store,and that's a pretty common price for a used one,new they run about $440 where I live.

Attached Files:

9. Bootsdeal

Bootsdeal New Member

I have the S&W 642. It's a perfect revolver, but it's about $400 new. See if you can find a used one. You won't regret it.

10. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Search the used gun counters for used . By a SS model or ulra lite if you work at a job that sweaty. I carried a taurus 85SS for 20 years ,also own a charter arms lite weight thats 13oz. Both had expossed trigger but I learn over the years to cover the top of the revolver when drawn so no snags could happen. But today theres so many choices out there. I see new sw 442 for 380 and ultra lite charterarms for 300. Looka round. used mid 250 to 300 range.

11. levelcross

levelcross New Member

I am with hardluk on this, search the used counters for a good deal. Several people buy them thinking that they are going to be easy to shoot and find out different. Then they trade them in for nothing and get gobbled up quickly.

12. genesis

genesis New Member

Hi Juststartin:

Just last week we bought my girlfriend a brand new Ruger LCR in 38 Special for $399. The 38 Special is $100 cheaper than the 357. She couldn't handle the 357. Hence the 38 Special. Frankly, IMHO, a 38 Special is all ya really need. We both prefer revolvers. No safeties or feed issues to deal with. A revolver is just more intuitive for her to deploy quickly and accurately. Her LCR is super light weight, reliable as dirt, silky smooth trigger, and super accurate. I cut one ragged hole at 21 feet from a bench rest. I have a Ruger Redhawk and GP100, but I'm think of getting an LCR in 38 Special. Ya really can't get much cheaper for a really nice gun that's built like a tank. When I put it in my front pocket, I don't even know it's there. It's that light! My girlfriend is 67 and has no problem with its recoil. I reload for both of us and I have a shooting range on my property, so we practice a lot together.

I'm sure there are less costly guns that are really nice. But I can only speak from my own personal experience with my girlfriends LCR. It's one sweet gun!

Don <><

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  13. ArmedCitizen

ArmedCitizen New Member

If you're worried about the cost of the LCR, my suggestion will not help you. But I was lucky enough to find a S&W Model 42 Classic before they halted production.
    Nice, crisp double action trigger in a beautiful package.