Pocket Pistol??

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by 7.62 Man, Aug 31, 2012.

1. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

I'm looking for a good pocket pistol something that is easy to carry in a loose pocket. I would like it to be in 9mm but would settle for a .380 if it has a good rep. And I want it to have a laser on it or be able to have a laser attached to it & still be small enough to fit in a pocket.
    My budget for this gun is $600 but only if it is a top end gun.
    Can anyone give me some suggestions? :confused:
    Ooh & I can't stand Rugers so don't point me that way.

2. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012

3. Olympus

Olympus New Member

EMP is a fine gun, but not nearly small enough for a pocket gun. And no rail for a laser like the OP wants.

Check the Sig P238 and S&W Bodyguard. Both pocket .380s. The bodyguard has an integrated laser and the Sig has a model that has a laser too. Those are going to be your best options for what you are looking for under $600.

4. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

S&W Bodyguard .380 and the Sig 238's and 938's can have lasers and fits in the pocket.

5. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Ruger lcp with the laser on the trigger guard. Imo you cant get a better gun than ruger for the price. It is strictly .380 but if you look around on this forum and other forums it has nothing but a good reputation.

6. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

He can't stand rugers though.

7. Sentry18

Sentry18 New Member

S&W Bodyguard in .380acp or in 9mm I highly recommend the S&W Shield. With the short mag it is easily concealed in a pocket holster. Definitely outshines most other pocket 9's.

8. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Wwhhhaaatttt!!!! Nooooooooooooo. Ok im done, im horrified, but im done

My ranting being done, the s&w body guard is an excellent pocket pistol.

9. gollygee

gollygee New Member

My wife has the Sig P238 & P938. The P238 is barely broken in & only one range trip on the P938, so jury is still out on reliability, etc but both are nice shooters & will easily work as a pocket pistol. The P238 can be had from $500 to $600, depending on model & her P938, the "Extreme" was $700.

Her P938 came with the standard 6 round mag & the extended 7 round mag. The 7 rounder makes it a little easier to control & doesn't interfere with pocket carry. I may get one for myself. The thinness of the grip does irritate her artritic hands a bit so she'll probably get a set of Hogue rubber grips when they become available. However, the rubber tends to drag on clothing, so may present a problem carrying in a pocket.

For a lower cost pistol, I have the Bersa .380 Concealed Carry. Pretty close to a pocketful, but doable.

10. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

11. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I've had flawless perfromance out of my Kahr PM 9. This gun runs 600 w/o laser but the newer Kahr CM9 is essentially the same guy minus a few touches and is 200 less.

You could get into a CM 9 plus a trigger guard mounted laser for under 600.

Tack

12. orangello

orangello New Member

I'm not sure about the lazer option, maybe CT grips are available, but i really enjoyed my lil Bersa Thunder 380. They are inexpensive (about $300) and good-looking and reliable in my experience.