Pocket Pistol Choice

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Roybean, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Roybean

Roybean New Member

In past years I've carried SW Chief Special, Sig 230 and American 22 mag. but am thinking of going to a khar, kel-tec or some other firearm. Would like to carry it in my front proket. Any suggestions?

2. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Para Warthog.

3. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Ruger LCP .380 would be a decent choice. That little sidearm is enjoying alot of popularity right now.

4. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Have you considered a Bersa .380CC? I tried one that belongs to a friend and liked it, while it certainly doesn't have the flawless fit and finish of more expensive handguns it works well.

I'm not sure if it's going to replace my trusty S&W 640, but it seems like a good little gun. I don't know how it is in the US, but in Argentina Bersa's warranty is really good.

5. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

FEG PA63 in 9x18mm maybe?

Good little gun (Walther clone) and the 9x18 round will put out slightly better energy than the .380 round.

Just an idea. The PA63 is inexpensive, and it's something that you wouldn't mind if it got scratched up as you carried it.

6. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Depends a bit on your front pockets! You can hide more iron in a pair
    of Dockers than you can in a pair of Levi's.

My "carry it all the time" gun is a Kel-Tec P32. (I'll probably upgrade to a
    P3AT soon). I carry it in my right front jeans pocket. It's in a Uncle Mikes pocket holster, and it doesn't print no matter what I wear. Anything larger and I go with a IWB holster.

7. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Matt G had the best suggestion so far with the Para Ordnance Warthog. I can TOTALLY reccomend Para Ordnance C6LDA like I carry.http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=13 This little pistol offers the best of both worlds-1911 platform (abeit very small) in 3" barrel and slim single stack 6+1 .45acp with the lightest, smoothest DAO in existance. It does have longer reset than some other hybrid or striker fired pistols, but is a true double action only-same as an "hammerless" S&W revolver-except with trigger pull lighter than even many single action trigger pull semiautos. The very 1st time I felt the trigger pull on 1 of these, I thought the damn thing was broke it was so light/smooth! I've been professionally working on guns 27+ years, and I honestly wouldn't even try to improve on the LDA action/trigger.

If that size is still too big for you, I can absolutely reccomend the tiny little Ruger LCP .380 http://www.ruger-firearms.com/LCP/ -I carry 1 myself in my front pocket as backup to my Para .45. If you can afford it, the Rogrbaugh 9mm http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/ is BARELY larger than the Ruger LCP, but offers full power 9mm from basically same size package. Don't be scared off by the recall on LCPs as Kel-Tec has exactly same issues but they don't even bother to address the problem and continue to make/sell their pistols without informing consumers as Ruger is doing. Ruger has always been great about recalling even imagined issues that sometimes have never even happened.

In 9mm or .380, I would reccomend Hornady's Critical Defense ammo. In .45, go with Gold Dot or Golden saber,

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Not your everyday pocket carry but I like it!

Mauser 1914 32 ACP

[​IMG]

cane :p

9. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

ugly little thing but she'll knock someone on their arse though:D

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

She morphs into a pinup when you look down the sights at a Bravo Golf!

cane

[​IMG]

11. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

.32 ACP is probably the most underrated personal defense ammo ever created.

12. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Cane gets points for being different. Not many people will have something like that in their pockets.

13. chopkick

chopkick New Member

So true! Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
    As a pocket pistol, I carry a S&W 642LS Airweight 5 shot loaded with Speer 135gr. Gold Dots.

14. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Since you mentioned it Roybean, how do you like the SWCS? Did you carry the 9 or 45? I started a thread requesting input on this firearm and have received little.

15. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I always have a pistol in my front pocket, usually an NAA 22WMR 5 shot. I also carry a 7.62 Tokarev or a Ruger P345. Sometimes I carry my Colt King Cobra .357 or even my S&W 686 on very rare occasion. On those days I know I'll be going in & out of places, I'll carry my Kel Tec P3AT in my pocket complemented with my Makarov or CZ-83 in my jacket.

Make no mistake, I never go out without at least one pistol of some sort. Because the "one time" I don't, will certainly be the time I NEED it...

16. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Now I have this mental picture of you pulling out your gargantuan Tokarev, complete with compensator, and scaring the s**t outta the bad guy....lol.

You: "Say hello to my little friend!"

Bad Guy: "WTF!?!?!?!?!"

17. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Yeah awful image! Mexican Carry the Tok loaded down with 8+1. My only complaint is, the Tok is SA.

18. michiglocker

michiglocker New Member

Pocket gun

I carry a S&W 640 in a Uncle Mikes pocket holster. Pocket carry sometimes comes with lint included and I like a revolver in this case!

19. HowardCohodas

HowardCohodas New Member

LCP with Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly without flap. In all but one pair of suit pants there is room for my flashlight.

[​IMG]