Pocket carry LCR vs LCP

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by spittinfire, Jun 27, 2010.

1. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I have come to the point where I feel I need a weapon that I can simply slip into my pocket and take anywhere. I love my Kimber and my supertuck but in some situations a small pistol in the pocket would be better. I'm not a fan of the small autos so I'm already leaning towards the LCR (especially since they now have a 357) but does anyone here carry one in their pocket?
    If so, how does it work for you? Is it bulky? Is the draw slow?

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Rusty, my summer carry of choice is my LCR.

I do have access to my daughter's LCP but in my opinion, it just doesn't have the balls of the LCP. Plus I shoot the LCR much better than the LCP.

It is a true swimsuit, toss it in the pocket gun. Very comfortable and as easy to draw as any pocket carry. I just ordered an Alabama Holster for both The LCR & LCP. This should keep the guns from rotating and improve draw.

When its 95º/95% I just can't carry the Defender or the BHP.

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

The LCR is a much better choice imo. Mine slips in my pocket very easily and is great for pocket carry. I use a Robert Mika pocket holster and carry some extra rounds as well.

I don't have any experience with the lcp, but I dislike the .380 round and tiny autos. :)

Inspiration photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I can carry and draw my SP101 effectively from a pocket. I however wear cargo shorts and cargo pants with big pockets all the time. I would not recommend it with jeans or dress pants.

If I can do it with a 101, the LCR should be a piece of cake.

5. Uchahi

Uchahi New Member

I like the LCR. Not much experience with the LCP though.

6. Thelt

Thelt New Member

My wife carries a LCP and I have shot it a few times. It is a pretty slick little gun and is probably going to be easier to carry than a LCR. The LCR has a little more punch though. It is a trade off.

7. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

I usually appendix carry my lcr. Disappears under a t-shirt, and very comfortable.
    I have thrown it in the pocket of a winter jacket and it carries very nice and is quick to access.
    I can carry it in the pocket of a pair of carpenter pants, but the grips are a little bulky, and while others may never notice it, I always just feel like its printing.

8. freefall

freefall New Member

I used to really like my NAA Guardian .380 in my right hip pocket. Now I REALLY like my KelTec PF9 in my right hip pocket.

9. spittinfire

freefall, I thought about the keltec pf9 but I just can't warm up to them. The small autos really do nothing for me at all. I liked the size and the fact that it was a 9mm the the pros for me stopped there.
    With the comments here, I'm going to be tracking down an LCR in 357. For the record, I wear jeans a lot and the fit. Not talking nut huggers but they aren't falling off either so I think the LCR will work. I'm going to stop by a local shop and slip one in my pocket to make sure.

10. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Jeez Spitty, get THE pocket gun - a Sig P238. Mine rides comfortably in the back pocket in a Desantis Superfly. I had a J-frame Airweight for a while but they are considerably thicker than the slim autos...

11. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

If nothing else, they sure do look cool. I haven't found one to get my hands on yet.

12. spittinfire

That could be the sweetest 380 I've seen recently and it brings a new twist to this idea.